Idea for new CyHawk trophy

HawkfaninWA

Heard some ideas floating around for the new trophy that will be coming out this fall and I had a few ideas.

First, the sponsor is the corn growers assoc., so you can probably guess what they want as the main figure. Corn. Before everyone gets all upset about that, you might as well own up to the fact that Iowa is the top producer of corn in the US. But I don't think that's a bad thing.

You could make the ear of corn very large and so each year the winner would be etched/painted on a kernel of corn. Makes it more of a tradition.

Second, you could make the ear sitting on top of a base in the shape of Iowa, since it's obviously an in-state rivalry. But when I think of all the traditional/great trophies out there, it seems simple is better. Paul Bunyan's axe, the Little Brown Jug, the Golden Hat, Victory Bell, etc. are all simple trophies, but they are memorable.

So I think a rather large golden ear of corn (since both schools have gold in their colors) about 4 feet long and 1 foot thick, with space on the kernels for writing the winners would work just fine.

Game over I got it. Get a keg and gold plate it, sell the rights to the highest bidder and make sure it's full and cold.

I still like my idea I posted. Get a brand new John Deere Combine, have it custom painted with a gold stripe down the middle and then half black and half cardinal. Winning team drives the bad boy home.

I think we should have the trophy recreate the scene in the movie 300 where leonitus kicks the persian soldier into a deep pit and shouts "This is Sparta!" Instead though, have Herky kicking Cy off the edge of the trophy and on the side of the trophy it says "Hawkeye State"

I think we should have the trophy recreate the scene in the movie 300 where leonitus kicks the persian soldier into a deep pit and shouts "This is Sparta!" Instead though, have Herky kicking Cy off the edge of the trophy and on the side of the trophy it says "Hawkeye State"

Why don't we just send the winner a link the the youtube of that scene. Sounds like a well deserved trophy.

It can't be just a corn trophy. There has to be some valued-added stuff, like high fructose corn syrup or ethanol.

I'm thinking a can of pop, and a red plastic gas can.

One of my cyclone brothers created this over on CyFan....figured it would be a good place to post it.
2ntcmyv.jpg

Any trophy that they come up with simply won't be on par with ANY of the Big 10 trophies, nor have the significance (except to clown fans).

Having an instate trophy in their "showcase,"even every now and then, brings tears to the eyes of clown fans. When they see the trophy they burst into their school song, tears streaming down their faces.

The mile marker between the two schools. Or a railroad spike. Or a jug with half Mississippi and half missouri mud. Anything that doesn't make the hick farm state in focus.

How about a large silver canister than holds, or held, about 15.5 gallons of the amber nectar of the gods.