I'd rather watch figure skating

austinhawk

I can't believe I have to watch Wisconsin and Iowa State in the mix. It's bad enough Iowa is no where even close to still playing, but I have to watch programs Iowa used to dominate now dominate the national basketball scene. It's really hard to watch year after fricken year of the Michigans, Michigan States, etc play deep into March, and Iowa is at home!

Is it Barta? WTH?

Then watch figure skating. This team only played in their first NCAA Tourney game since 06. Gotta make it to make runs. Iowa is on the right track.

I blame Kirk Ferentz, he turned Iowa into a football school. Forcing hair gel to the land of "breaking bad". This caused Iowa's AD to hire a high school coach from Indiana setting the program back a decade. Basically, as stated, it's Kirk Ferentz fault our BBall team is where it is and the OP is spending his weekend watching figure skating and bowling on the deuce.

The Tennessee game(s) are tough to watch with how this all played out with Duke losing and makes ya wonder what if....

But other than that... This is my favorite weekend of the year, whether Iowa is playing or not, granted I'd prefer they be playing, but I just enjoyed watching Kansas get beat and look forward to the Kentucky/Wichita St game and the Zona/Gonzaga game.

A 1 seed is losing today... I feel it.

It makes me wonder what happened to our Hawks from the start of the yr when we were so hot to falling apart late in the yr

It makes me wonder what happened to our Hawks from the start of the yr when we were so hot to falling apart late in the yr

We were great before we started playing teams in our conference.. then in that competition, we were less great.

But our feelings about what is coming (RAH RAH RAH) is whipped up to a fever pitch every season by the Media, and we buy into it!!! Every year. They are to be excused, just slightly, because it's their job to write or talk sports articles, and these days newspaper writers are far more than journalists merely reporting the news without bias one way or the other. Now the teams are lauded when they start the season beating the Little Sisters of the Poor, and we're whipped into a frenzy by these lesser wins... and buy into the predictions, based on these early simple wins (OH, but that team is GOOD, and we beat them so we must be a giant.. yeah.. right).

So when reality sets in, it's not just the disappointment of playing and losing, which is never fun, it's the devastation and agony of the enormous letdown from the elevation where we were led to believe we belonged. And even when it is shown to us that we don't belong up at that elevation, by virtue of a win-loss record that hits us right between the eyes, we STILL don't want to face the reality, admit our vision of what we are, what we were, what we thought we were.. was simply an illusion, and we weren't standing in that white light after all.

I'm tired of buying into it each year. I think I'm going to start approaching it with excitement but a bit more of a show me and THEN I'll believe it. Early season wins.. yeah, fine. But show me where you stand in conference play before trying to get me all whipped into the frenzy of mindless worship. I'm just not going to bite on that Media hook of HYPE next year. Maybe.

We were great before we started playing teams in our conference.. then in that competition, we were less great.

But our feelings about what is coming (RAH RAH RAH) is whipped up to a fever pitch every season by the Media, and we buy into it!!! Every year. They are to be excused, just slightly, because it's their job to write or talk sports articles, and these days newspaper writers are far more than journalists merely reporting the news without bias one way or the other. Now the teams are lauded when they start the season beating the Little Sisters of the Poor, and we're whipped into a frenzy by these lesser wins... and buy into the predictions, based on these early simple wins (OH, but that team is GOOD, and we beat them so we must be a giant.. yeah.. right).

So when reality sets in, it's not just the disappointment of playing and losing, which is never fun, it's the devastation and agony of the enormous letdown from the elevation where we were led to believe we belonged. And even when it is shown to us that we don't belong up at that elevation, by virtue of a win-loss record that hits us right between the eyes, we STILL don't want to face the reality, admit our vision of what we are, what we were, what we thought we were.. was simply an illusion, and we weren't standing in that white light after all.

I'm tired of buying into it each year. I think I'm going to start approaching it with excitement but a bit more of a show me and THEN I'll believe it. Early season wins.. yeah, fine. But show me where you stand in conference play before trying to get me all whipped into the frenzy of mindless worship. I'm just not going to bite on that Media hook of HYPE next year. Maybe.

We were 8-4 after, arguably, the toughest stretch of our conference schedule. Included in those 4 losses was a 2 pt overtime loss to MSU and a game at Wisky that we may have won had Fran not gone Col. Kurtz on Mike Eades. It had nothing to do with the other teams we played....but everything to do with lack of team cohesiveness.

Latest posts