Ice Storm

GodGodGodBathia

I've heard people talking about this but I haven't been able to watch the news. Does anybody know how bad this is going to be/if I have anything to worry about?

I've heard people talking about this but I haven't been able to watch the news. Does anybody know how bad this is going to be/if I have anything to worry about?

1/2 inch of ice on the ground/trees/power lines by around noon tomorrow, and then wind. Should be interesting. As someone who has to drive to Boone every Monday and Wednesday, I'm hoping they cancel classes tomorrow. Driving up there - only to have them close the campus early - on the day of the blizzard in December was bad enough; I can't imagine driving up there and back on a sheet of ice.

This winter really sucks. I run a snow plow and have seen my share this year. Be careful and take it slow out there, people. It's better to get there late than banged up or worse.

1/2 inch of ice on the ground/trees/power lines by around noon tomorrow, and then wind. Should be interesting. As someone who has to drive to Boone every Monday and Wednesday, I'm hoping they cancel classes tomorrow. Driving up there - only to have them close the campus early - on the day of the blizzard in December was bad enough; I can't imagine driving up there and back on a sheet of ice.

Do you go to DMACC???

I heard .25 inch in central iowa but we'll see tomorrow. I just hope no classes, I want a day for NCAA football/Cod MW2!

I'm in Clive and it is BAD out here... I spent 20 minutes salting my driveway just to be able to walk from my garage door to the street without falling. Calling in late today... there's no way I'm driving on this stuff until the freezing rain stops.

Nothing in Cedar Rapids yet, but winds are out of the east and blowing hard. Rain/ice is coming up from the south. Schools in Cedar Rapids have been called off.

Lots of tree branches down. Roads aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Wouldn't bother me if school got delayed or cancelled tomorrow either. :) Been teaching 20 years. I don't mind a snow day!

Latest posts