IC West (McCaffery boys) v Muscatine (Wieskamp) tonight

West is the prohibitive favorite but Wieskamp is a handful. Linn-Mar was beating Muscatine for much of their substate semifinal on Friday before Joe took over.

Haven't see him yet this season, so really looking forward to it.

We already know from Hawk Gold that Fran's boys are only ranked highly because of their name, and from a talent standpoint should be playing at Kirkwood. At least Joe will be there and he's at least D2 caliber.

My prediction... Joe will be best player on the floor but I don't think he's enough to beat the team of IC West.

I haven't seen the Muskies play this season. They beat Iowa City High and Linn-Mar to reach this game. They're 15-6 and unranked. West is No. 1 in 4A.

Just to be correct, Linn-Mar beat City High in the Opening Round, then Muscatine beat Linn-Mar. Should be a good game. Cedar Falls (with Devon Green) playing CR Kennedy in the other game in the doubleheader.

Just to be correct, Linn-Mar beat City High in the Opening Round, then Muscatine beat Linn-Mar. Should be a good game. Cedar Falls (with Devon Green) playing CR Kennedy in the other game in the doubleheader.

Correct, I misread the bracket.

And just to be correct, it's A.J. Green. ;)

My prediction... Joe will be best player on the floor but I don't think he's enough to beat the team of IC West.

That's kind of what I thought when I watched them play ranked (at the time) Bettendorf a couple of weeks ago. Bettendorf had a taller, more athletic, more disciplined team. But Joe just picked up his team and carried them. What really sent the Muskies to the win was two straight times Joe shot and made contested 3's. And by contested, the 6'4" Bettendorf player had a hand in his face and was so close he nearly fouled Joe, and yet the shot was nothing but net.

I'll be going to the game tonight. Should be a good game to watch.

It ought to be an interesting match up. Hey Rob, let us know who West ends up putting on Joe on the defensive end. My guess would be Patrick but I could see Connor guarding him some as well.

Latest posts