IA-Ariz Predictions

Stanzi throws for 327 yards 3 TD with 0 Int, 19-29
Hawks roll up 162 yds on the ground and 2 TD A-rob gets 101 of those yds the rest J-ham
A-borne gets 3 sacks one forced fumble
T-Sash gets 1 Int gets closer to Nile Kinnick in INT return Yards
Tarp has a coming out party with 10+ tacks

Iowa- 41
Zona- 14

Last edited:
34-14 good guys!(but i could see 21 too by a garbage touchdown towards the end)

i think the game is 14-14 at half and iowa's offensive ground and pound wears out the already pretty weak zona defense and we dominate the second half

Iowa 34
Arizona 17

Ricky Stanzi 16-21 284 3 TD's 1 Int.

Adam Robinson 20 carries 131yds 1 TD
Jewell Hampton 13 carries 98yrds

Marvin McNut has a TD reception of 43 yrds
DJK has a TD reception of 34 yrds
Brett Morse TD reception of 2 yrds

2 field goals.

Iowa defense
2 ints
2 fumble recoverys

Iowa 34
Ariz. 13

I think iowa comes out slow, but kicks it into high gear in the 2nd half.

Stanzi- 14-21 178yds 2TD

Robinson 14 carries 94 yds 1TD
Hamption 16 Carries 120yds 1TD

Mossbrucker 2/2 FG's 31, 43

McNutt 5 Rec 88yds 1 TD

Several Hawk Fans drunk at the tailgate. Those are my predictions!

I think IA comes out slow, too. Maybe to get a feel for the game. This is when AZ looks good and drives IA fans crazy. But IA shuts down AZ in the second half.

IA 28
AZ 21

Iowa gets the W, the only way Zona wins this game is if they can hold Iowa under 17 points because i dont see Zona scoring more than 17 on our D.

31-13 Hawks. I think we see more of the same from last week and really control the clock. Go into the half leading 17-6.

Continue to wear them down in the second half. They close the gap to 17-13 midway through the 3rd quarter but our offense answers with a 6+ minute touchdown drive to make it 24-13.

We score another TD in the 4th and they are forced to go one dimensional and take some chances down the field and our d-line really starts to get after Foles. 4 sacks and 2 INT's for our defense for the game.

Time of Possession:

Hawks- 37:28

Wildcats- 22:32

This is one game in which Iowa's bend but don't break defense may come back to haunt them.

If I had to put money of it, I would say AZ in a close game. Wouldn't surprise me to see an Iowa missed FG be the difference.

I fall asleep during halftime because I didn't control my intake leading up to the game. Damn you Rum!

I wake up the next morning to catch the score ESPN and watch an hour of SEC, Michigan and O$U highlights. Finally, they show the Hawk highlight that lasts 2 seconds and they say the Hawks are the real deal as demonstrated by the 35 to 6 victory. We drop to 24th in polls and UA rises to 12th because they scored 6 points on the Hawkeyes, plus they got great team speed.

- Kickoff coverage has another poor outing.

- We run the ball well, but don't complete as many of our long balls and one of them gets picked off.

- We go 3 for 4 on FG tries.

- We force an INT and also recover a fumble

- Our bend but don't break drives you nuts, but we only allow 2 TD's. One of them is the result of great field position too because of a kick off return.

- AZ goes 1 of 2 on FG tries.

- We shut their run down and by early 3rd quarter they will have pretty much abandoned their running game.

- Our defense looks tired in the 4th quarter.

- Iowa never trails. Game is always close, but Iowa scores a TD with about 6 minutes left in 4th to push our lead to 30-17.

Final score Iowa 30 Arizona 17

Iowa reviews game tape from Holiday Bowl. Iowa wins 42-14. Foles is a statue if there are less than 6 sacks by your D-line I would be dissappointed.

Latest posts