I would like to see Tucker......

ForeverHawk

gets some playing time today. I don't think it could hurt and he needs some Big 10 action if he is going to be with this team next year!

gets some playing time today. I don't think it could hurt and he needs some Big 10 action if he is going to be with this team next year!

It would seem like the right time to do it. Early morning game, everyones attention is on the Super Bowl, and they're on the road.

I will be disappointed if he doesn't see the court. It makes no sense for him to travel on the road with the team if you don't expect to use him.

Get Tucker back into the routine? Have Tucker there in case of injury? Not sure. Hopefully someone may ask Coach.

I am disappointed he did not play. I can see the first half as it was a close game and you don't want to disrupt chemistry. But I could see where he could have come in during the second half. He needs to get playing time soon!

As I mentioned last week, I still believe he may see playing time this Wed. vs Northwestern as we will potentially need his outside shot against their zone and more importantly his first game back would be on Iowa's home floor which I think is something the coaching staff must feel in the team's best interest as well. As for dressing today, it was one more step in the progression which also served as a backup plan in case Payne was unable to go due to his pneumonia.

After May got in foul trouble and Bawinkel was getting owned on both ends then I was certain that Tucker would get thrown in to the game. Since he didn't I can only speculate that he won't see the floor again this year and will transfer at the end of the year.

After May got in foul trouble and Bawinkel was getting owned on both ends then I was certain that Tucker would get thrown in to the game. Since he didn't I can only speculate that he won't see the floor again this year and will transfer at the end of the year.

I bet that Lick has had a discussion with Tucker about when he can expect to return the floor. I have no idea when that return will be but maybe Tucker knew going into this game that he wasn't going to play.

Does anybody think Tucker may actually have some loyalty to this program since has been given a a couple second chances, something he didn't have to be given.

I may be reading this situation incorrectly, but imho I think the UofI is just heading off a potential lawsuit by letting Tucker meet the necessary steps but not playing him.

For everyone pining for Tucker's return, answer me this: What is exactly does he bring to the team that we don't already have, with the exception of less PT for Little Lick and a bit of extra depth?

An inside game? 77% of his shots come from beyond the arc (96/124). The team shoots something like 48% of its shots from 3. If anything, that number increases, and I think most of us agree we need to shoot FEWER 3's.

Better outside shooting? Tucker is 31% from 3 this year (30/96). The team average going into today was 32%, so stats tell me that our % made wouldn't improve.

A ball handler that can beat his defender and get into the paint? I can't back this up with stats, but remember, we're talking about that defender being another Big Ten player, and Tucker doesn't strike me as having blow-by speed, certainly no more than anyone else on the team. The only ball-handling stat I can offer is that Tucker has 32 assists and 32 turnovers this year.

Rebounding? Tucker averages 3.5 RPG. There are 4 players on the team who average more, and another right there at 3.4.

Defense? Tucker has 5 steals and zero blocked shots.

It may look like I'm trying to rip Tucker down. I am not. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think that Tucker is the savior whose return would totally turn everything around.

Last edited:
I would sat the extra depth and the possibility of opening up the middle if he hit a couple of outside shots. I don't think he is a savior, but he may help the team.