I wonder what lies ahead for Tucker

burky247

I don't really know enough about our new coach to even guess how he will deal with this scenario. What I mean is I don't know what kind of disciplinarian he is. AT has expressed an interest to come back. Anyone think he will take him back or send him on his way.

I'm not sure how well he would fit in Fran's system. Tucker is not exactly a good defender and has never seemed like an up tempo guy. But that is just my impression and doesn't mean he's not capable. Maybe he would thrive with this style and a coach he feels more comfortable with.

On the other hand, he kind of quit on the team(justified or not) and McCaffery may not want his new team to think that kind of attitude is going to be tolerated.

Thoughts?

I don't really know enough about our new coach to even guess how he will deal with this scenario. What I mean is I don't know what kind of disciplinarian he is. AT has expressed an interest to come back. Anyone think he will take him back or send him on his way.

I'm not sure how well he would fit in Fran's system. Tucker is not exactly a good defender and has never seemed like an up tempo guy. But that is just my impression and doesn't mean he's not capable. Maybe he would thrive with this style and a coach he feels more comfortable with.

On the other hand, he kind of quit on the team(justified or not) and McCaffery may not want his new team to think that kind of attitude is going to be tolerated.

Thoughts?

This has already been discussed....he will not be with the Iowa Hawkeyes

Academics is a key emphases for McCaffrey....not happening for Mr. Tucker

My guess is he would not be allowed to come back on scholarship. If he wanted to walk on...I would think that would be up to the players on the team.

Can these Tucker threads plz just go away? Seriously, he is not coming back nor should we want him back. He was a selfish player before coming to iowa and nothing he did here showed any different.

buh by

Can these Tucker threads plz just go away? Seriously, he is not coming back nor should we want him back. He was a selfish player before coming to iowa and nothing he did here showed any different.

buh by

What are you? The board police. I will talk about whatever I want on this site. Don't click on the link if you don't want to read it. It was obvious what the thread was about by the title.

I would rather Iowa and Tucker part ways as well. But it's been well known that Tucker is interested in returning to Iowa. It's well known that he and Gatens are very close and Gatens wants him back.

No one knew how this was going to end until a new coach was hired. Now that it has happened, it seemed like a good time to bring it up.

No way Tucker is back, if Fran is able or Marble JR able to convinve a recruit or two to come to Iowa with him he will be better off. I know people say we need a PG but I would look harder for a true post player than can rebound and defend first.

AA perhaps? He may need to get a handle on this first. I think the team will be better off without him. He's not dependable.

Latest posts