I was at the game

EddyP

I'm ready to hire someone who will cheat. Granted, we could sit where we wanted, no lines for anything which was great also, Herky was extremely accessible(and plays the drums now by the way), but the game was horrible. Yeah we cheered but there wasn't much at all to cheer about. Hire Huggy Bear for crying out loud. Just win baby, it was bad. Jess Settles has a pot belly if anyone cares. The gymnastics at half were AWESOME!!! Little Lick doesn't belong anywhere near a D1 court.

Tim Floyd was breaking up a fight... seriously watch the video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlbhWmIMNj4"]YouTube- Girl Fight !!![/ame]

I was at the game also. I could not believe how empty the place was. I was looking for Barta,but didn't see him. I think I would of said something to the effect of"nice product we put on the floor."

I was at the game also. I could not believe how empty the place was. I was looking for Barta,but didn't see him. I think I would of said something to the effect of"nice product we put on the floor."
That was one of the better crowds of the year, at least in terms of size. And, as you probably heard, we could be really loud. Of course, the only time that happened was when we gave a standing ovation to the kids from Fargo/Morehead after the halftime show.

So was I and I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it time and do it the RIGHT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good things come to those who wait!!
Maybe but unfortunately a lot of us old folks might be dead before that happens under the current regime.

We don't need someone who cheats, we just need someone who will work hard to fill out a roster, or bench with some bodies. We have more assistant coaches than we have Big Ten players.

I'm ready to hire someone who will cheat. Granted, we could sit where we wanted, no lines for anything which was great also, Herky was extremely accessible(and plays the drums now by the way), but the game was horrible. Yeah we cheered but there wasn't much at all to cheer about. Hire Huggy Bear for crying out loud. Just win baby, it was bad. Jess Settles has a pot belly if anyone cares. The gymnastics at half were AWESOME!!! Little Lick doesn't belong anywhere near a D1 court.

I wouldn't say we need someone who cheats. But we do need a coach and administration who take recruiting much more seriously and are willing to push the envelope further. If Bill Self at KU can hire Mario Chalmers' father as his director of basketball operations (perfectly legal) or coaches can regularly hire former AAU coaches as assistants (also perfectly legal) then it's time that Iowa either play the recruiting game to win or just not try.
Yes, we desperately need a practice facility. But Iowa does play in a major conference. Having worse talent that the likes of Duquense, UTSA and Wichita State is unacceptable.

We have a facility on the way, so the issue is moot. IOWA doenst need to cheat to recruit, or to win. IOWA needs a coach and staff that can get the job done.

Latest posts