I want to root for UNI,,, but

kgoblee

I am afraid if they keep winning then we are gonna go after there coach. I really think that would be a huge mistake. I would rather have an someone that has been on the recruiting trail with the big boys and has had some success. I don't think he would unite the fan base and fill up Carver any time soon with his style of play.

I disagree, the more they keep winning then the more exposure he gets on the national level and the more options he has. Even before UNI beat UNLV Ben was considered a candidate for the Iowa position.

I am afraid if they keep winning then we are gonna go after there coach. I really think that would be a huge mistake. I would rather have an someone that has been on the recruiting trail with the big boys and has had some success. I don't think he would unite the fan base and fill up Carver any time soon with his style of play.

Your right about igniting the fanbase with his style of play, but I also think he is one guy that could come in and win more games than people expect, which if I'm to believe people on here that is what will cure everything.

I never thought the day would come when a UNI coach could probably turn down Iowa because he has bigger and better offers...

I never thought I'd see the day where there were so many self-deprecating Hawkeye fans. Forget UNI.

I'm happy they're doing well but they don't want none of this... (it's a paraphrased quote, don't read too much into it.)

We can do better than Ben. Higher profile at this given moment? Maybe not. But 2 wins doesn't make a coach. Most rational people know he wouldn't step in and turn this around. We're in need of someone looking at a bigger picture. It doesn't have to be Bruce, or Tubby, or Coach K... but someone who has been around the block and isn't impressed with the hoopla of big time basketball. We are terrible right now. Flat out terrible. We need to do a 180. We need a coach who will kick everything out he doesn't want or need and mold this program in likeness.

This is a historic team in shambles today. But the base is there. The money is coming in. The fans WANT to come back (look at the message boards the last 2 weeks...).

This is in Barta's court now. There are a lot of ways he can go. A few of them will work. It won't be easy but if a coach immerses himself in this job, the flocks will follow. Basketball has been my favorite sport since I was a kid. I love to play, watch it, and cheer for it. These have been trying times but let's keep the faith. The right coach could very well bring us back. Until that decision is made and we've seen the results, we have to stay positive.

Latest posts