I want Boisie State to win the National Title, heres why...

An 8-team field would do just fine and not be difficult to do.

Six BCS conferences plus two highest rated wild-card teams make the playoffs. Still gives the other conferences and independents a chance to make it.

I would like it if BSU won and cause BCS carnage to implement a playoff. I'm not sure it would happen if they won, however, so I don't want them in the NCG.

Wow. That sounds like I am "conversing" like my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
An 8-team field would do just fine and not be difficult to do.

Six BCS conferences plus two highest rated wild-card teams make the playoffs. Still gives the other conferences and independents a chance to make it.

I would like it if BSU won and cause BCS carnage to implement a playoff. I'm not sure it would happen if they won, however, so I don't want them in the NCG.

Wow. That sounds like I am "conversing" like my wife.

It's true that we don't know that Boise getting to or winning the NCG would force the creation of a playoff. However, keeping things the way they are right now (meaning just the Big 6 conferences are "eligible" for the NCG), we DO know that it will NOT change.

Boise forcing change may be a long shot, but I'd take a 1 in a million chance over ZERO chance any day of the week.

Lee Corso on Gameday this morning; "Not so fast my friend!" Boise state plays 10 non BCS teams then 2 BCS teams and does not deserve to be in the national title game. (paraphrased)

Boise winning the NCG will get the Superconference project back on track. The major conferences will start swallowing up other schools and this will eventually lead to a playoff system involving the champions of divisions or pods within conferences.

I could actually see Boise being jumped by just about everybody when the BCS polls come out. They'll do exactly what they did last year.....find every way possible to keep them and TCU out of a NC game.

Actually, I don't see the voters trying to hard to get them out of there this year. However, the computers are a little more objective.

Nonetheless, going undefeated with the BCS schools having a loss will take care of the computers.

Boise State going to the NCG will not force a playoff system, nor should it. It may bring about some changes but not a play off. There are better solutions out there than a playoff system IMHO.

Actually, I don't see the voters trying to hard to get them out of there this year. However, the computers are a little more objective.

Nonetheless, going undefeated with the BCS schools having a loss will take care of the computers.

The computers actually had Boise at #6 last year. Their schedule, while still bad, is stronger than last year. So if they go 12-0, they will likely be ranked higher than #6 in the computers. Probably not top 3, but #4 or #5 paired with a couple top 2's in the human polls probably gets them in.

The computers actually had Boise at #6 last year. Their schedule, while still bad, is stronger than last year. So if they go 12-0, they will likely be ranked higher than #6 in the computers. Probably not top 3, but #4 or #5 paired with a couple top 2's in the human polls probably gets them in.
How do you think Virginia Tech losing to James Madison affects Boise State?

Lee Corso on Gameday this morning; "Not so fast my friend!" Boise state plays 10 non BCS teams then 2 BCS teams and does not deserve to be in the national title game. (paraphrased)

And Corso is right on the money and in the end when the final BCS is revealed Boise State will be on the outside looking in. Virginia Tech is clearly overrated and that big win isn't so anymore.

How do you figure there schedule is tougher? Please elaborate. In the end I bet you anything that won't be the case. Boise State won't have an Oregon on that SOS this year to give them a boost.

I think it is questionable if Boise St would be a .500 team in the SEC. Not much better in B10 It would be an absolute joke if they were put in the title game ahead of a one loss team from either of those conferences. We play 4-6 teams that are better than anyone on their schedule.

Latest posts