I think we lost becasue we got away from the ground an pound

DuffMan

How bout that *******, we needed to be more like Iowa and less like a spread/pass team. Coker had 18 carries, and averaged a little over 4.1 ypc. Hardly great numbers but certainly enough to get the job done. Contrast that to the 3.9 per pass play (including the 12 that ended up rushing attempts) and it's clear we were more effective on the ground.

We threw the ball a whopping 46 times yesterday. That's a ratio of 2.5 pass plays to each running play. Even if we throw out the plays late in the 4th quarter after PSU scored the lone TD of the day we still had a pass to run ratio of 1.8 to 1 (31-17).

We need to stop this no huddle crapfest, line up in double tight power I, and run Coker between the tackles 30+ times per game.

We need to stop this no huddle crapfest, line up in double tight power I, and run Coker between the tackles 30+ times per game.

I agree, as far as yesterday goes. I wouldn't mind the no-huddle occasionally against a team with less-skilled or less-experienced players in the secondary, but yesterday Coker's 74 on 18 was our most under-utilized tool.

How bout that *******, we needed to be more like Iowa and less like a spread/pass team. Coker had 18 carries, and averaged a little over 4.1 ypc. Hardly great numbers but certainly enough to get the job done. Contrast that to the 3.9 per pass play (including the 12 that ended up rushing attempts) and it's clear we were more effective on the ground.

We threw the ball a whopping 46 times yesterday. That's a ratio of 2.5 pass plays to each running play. Even if we throw out the plays late in the 4th quarter after PSU scored the lone TD of the day we still had a pass to run ratio of 1.8 to 1 (31-17).

Wow, when I called you delusional, I had no idea it was to the point of possibly needing professional help. You run Coker 30 times, he fumbles 3 times. Not to mention gets injured.

The only reason the no huddle didnt work is because we stopped doing it when it was working. Im sure you arent capable of understanding rhythm but yesterday, we never found it. We started on the first drive, with the no huddle, and moved the ball just fine.. then for some reason that still baffles an intelligent mind (not just my own).. we stopped the quick pace and well.. went to your slow running game. That worked out well didnt it?

Tell me one team that runs the ball as their primary weapon, without a star running back, that has succeeded in college football? Its obsolete, like your windows 95 computer.

I agree Duff...This new fangled spread crap is just that...crap. Go back to Iowa double tights, I form and run right up Reiff's heiney every play. It's the whole key to our loss yesterday.

Wow, when I called you delusional, I had no idea it was to the point of possibly needing professional help. You run Coker 30 times, he fumbles 3 times. Not to mention gets injured.

The only reason the no huddle didnt work is because we stopped doing it when it was working. Im sure you arent capable of understanding rhythm but yesterday, we never found it. We started on the first drive, with the no huddle, and moved the ball just fine.. then for some reason that still baffles an intelligent mind (not just my own).. we stopped the quick pace and well.. went to your slow running game. That worked out well didnt it?

Tell me one team that runs the ball as their primary weapon, without a star running back, that has succeeded in college football? Its obsolete, like your windows 95 computer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOG4p1-H2Q]U MAD BRO? - YouTube[/ame]

2010 Coker I would say yes....2011 Coker, I would say no. When Bullock fumbled in the ULM game it was disheartening because you knew that it would add to the distrust of the coaching staff playing younger RB(s).

No really good FB on the roster right now. Cross you fingers Rogers can get up to speed quickly, maybe he can become that lead blocker, share some of the workload with Coker.

welcome back 1979! No huddle worked, we moved the ball. What didn't work was the receivers had a very poor day with multiple drops. Coker is just too slow to run 25-30 times a game. You can't expect the O-line to hold blocks for 5 seconds until he gets to the hole. I don't know if he's hurt or not, but he doesn't have the same step we saw in the bowl game.

Latest posts