I think this is the season the BCS busts

BSpringsteen

I think the furor over how this played out is going to spell major changes.

If we are going to be stuck with this system, how about these changes.

1. You have to be a conf. champion to play in the BCS Title Game.
2. No more Top 14 ******** popularity contests. Top 10 only.
3. If a conference has 3 teams in the top 10, too ******* bad. Other conferences should get better.

How about diminish the voter's 2/3 input and put the computer at 2/3?
Also, strengthen the computer's bias towards SOS...basketball does it...so can football.

Or as others have said, go back to the split polls....it's all voter bias anyway.

Look, an 8-team playoff, with seeding, like the NCAA BB committee uses, would work. Higher seeds get the home field the first two games. All that money which now goes to the various chambers of commerce stays local. You can still keep all the other piddley bowls...if you enjoy watching 6-6 O$U and 6-6 Florida play on January 2nd that is.

Last edited:
When your sport asks for votes from people who don't watch games outside of their own and computers to decide its championship contenders you get something like this.

The BCS does what it always does. Makes two teams happy and many others feel cheated or ****** off or disrespected.

On an unrelated note, the local Pop Warner league just decided their championship as well...

They used this strange method called a playoff in which teams actually face each other on the field and decide who is champion.

I think the furor over how this played out is going to spell major changes.

If we are going to be stuck with this system, how about these changes.

1. You have to be a conf. champion to play in the BCS Title Game.
2. No more Top 14 ******** popularity contests. Top 10 only.
3. If a conference has 3 teams in the top 10, too ******* bad. Other conferences should get better.

Top 14 is fine, just dont allow Notre Lame in a BSC game at #27. Or whatever it is, keep it straight. Dont bend over for anyone....

Play the top 5 or 6 bowl games, then take the top 4 in a Final Four... Botta boom, botta bang! National championship without or with the LSU/SEC issues...

8 team playoff is my ideal, with the rest of the teams with winning records still eligible for the various toilet bowls.

Rose, Sugar, Orange agree to take the 6 teams eliminated in the first couple rounds. So if the Big10 and Pac12 champs were both eliminated, they would both still go to the Rose, etc.

Last edited:
Top 14 is fine, just dont allow Notre Lame in a BSC game at #27. Or whatever it is, keep it straight. Dont bend over for anyone....

Play the top 5 or 6 bowl games, then take the top 4 in a Final Four... Botta boom, botta bang! National championship without or with the LSU/SEC issues...

Agree completely. Get rid of the Notre Dame special rule.

Only way to really do it right is to realign into fewer conferences with divisions and basically run a playoff system through the divisions to get to a four team playoff.

You know, kind of like 4 16 team conferences broken up into 4 team divisions? Wait, that sounds familiar.

SOS is still far too subjective. Make an agreement between the P12, B1G, SEC, and ACC to go to a bowl agreement arrangement with a one-off. Have the P12 and the B1G add two more teams to go to 14.

Drop the while poll thing. Don't worry about calling it a NC.

Then if you want to expand from there to go to four team divisions, go for it.

I don't think it will bust this year, but if TV ratings for the NC rematch game are way down that will be a big impetus to change. More will still need to happen to explode the system, I think.

I don't think it will bust this year, but if TV ratings for the NC rematch game are way down that will be a big impetus to change. More will still need to happen to explode the system, I think.

This game is going to get ratings. More than okie state would have.

But Virginia Tech gets chosen prior to KState and Boise State. Its all about money and who puts people in the stands. Virginia Tech and West Virginia have no business being in a BCS Bowl. Arkansas, Kansas State, and Boise State are more deserving than West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and problably Michigan too.

I think the furor over how this played out is going to spell major changes..

Yes, I tend to think the BCS is on its last legs and I have no problem with it. Having looked at the coaches voting in the last poll, I have had enough of this system.

If Alabama wins and is the national champ, its the end...and maybe it should be

BCS Destruction Rooting Interests:

Alabama vs. LSU: Alabama

Oklahoma State vs. Stanford: Both are 1 Loss teams with a conference loss like Alabama. But Oklahoma State feels the most wronged. Root for Okie State.

VA Tech vs. Michigan: Root for Michigan to win big. VT has no business being there, this shows it.

Rose: Doesn't matter

Clemson vs WVU: No one watches this game anyway, but pull hard for Clemson.

Latest posts