I think Oregon would smoke us...

Guess I would ask have you watched Oregon this year? Here is their last 6 games... Does that look like 40+ their last 6??? Oh by the way they scored 8 against Boise State...

Sep 12 Purdue W 38-36
Sep 19 UtahW 31-24
Sep 26CaliforniaW 42-3
Oct 3Washington StateW 52-6
Oct 10@UCLAW 24-10
Oct 24@WashingtonW 43-19

Sorry about that, 4 of their last 5 games. Like I said, I hate Oregon, and don't follow-them regularly, but know they are putting up big numbers, and crazy fast. This is not the same team that scored 8 against Boise State, and the Hawks are not the same team that played UNI or ASU (or so I hope).

I think the Hawks can outscheme the Ducks in the Rose Bowl (if we do face them there). Capt. Kirk, KOK and Norm will find ways to keep the Ducks in check. They may win, but not the way they throttled USC. Though I do think the Hawks can beat Oregon like they have against almost everyone else in this season: ugly!

Sorry, but I don't think anyone is going to smoke the Hawks. Oregon would present problems, but I would welcome the challenge!

I'm with ForeverHawk- No one is going to "smoke" the Hawks.
Maybe the original poster could use some evidence to support his/her opinion. Who and when was last time anyone "smoked" the Hawks??????

I don't give a crap what team we're matched up with - Oregon, Florida, 'Bama, Texas, The Smurfs Intramurals Team, Cincy, whoever. KF & staff with that much time to prepare and that much time off for players to get healthy and study film of the opponent? We can take any of those teams.

Bring it on.

I also don't like that the Hawks are done the Nov. 21st and Oregon's last game is December 3rd. Just like the Orange Bowl, I think the hawks and Big 10 have too much time off between regular season and bowl games.

That extra week and a half is huge. The Orange Bowl, the hawks had like 45 days off.

I also don't like that the Hawks are done the Nov. 21st and Oregon's last game is December 3rd. Just like the Orange Bowl, I think the hawks and Big 10 have too much time off between regular season and bowl games.

That extra week and a half is huge. The Orange Bowl, the hawks had like 45 days off.

IT wasnt the time off that was responsible at the Orange Bowl. Our players weren't prepared to play in the heat. The coaching staff learned much from that trip.

I am a die hard hawkeye, living in Oregon, and I hate the Ducks. However, I think they may smoke us if we play them in the Rose Bowl. I don' t think we could stop their offense...

We can cover the spread and stop the run we would our D would keep us in the game. Don't buy into the USC hype they are overrated this year no question about that.

I'm with ForeverHawk- No one is going to "smoke" the Hawks.
Maybe the original poster could use some evidence to support his/her opinion. Who and when was last time anyone "smoked" the Hawks??????

When was the last time anyone "Smoked USC"... About 10 mins ago. Cant live in the past.

Listen, I am not a flamer, I actually travel from Oregon back to Iowa games every couple of years (Went to Wisc this year). I actually have airline tickets reserved for the Rose Bowl that I will probably book tomorrow (with oregon's win, prices will skyrocket, and flights will get full fast). And if the Hawks don't go, I will eat the change fee....

HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR ROSE BOWL AIRLINE TICKETS YET?

I am a realist... This is not what I thought 9-0 would feel like. Still waiting for our breakout game on Offense. Maybe this 4 quarter is the start? who knows...

No need to worry about us playing Oregon. The talking heads already have Oregon playing in the NC game if "Either of the SEC teams or Texas slip up!

Oregon has no shot as long as Boise St is undefeated. Selecting Oregon over an undefeated team that dominated them would destroy the BCS.

I'm pretty close to the Ducks. This team has the spread going on in a big way; it all depends on Masoli. He's just like Dennis Dixon 2 years ago (got hurt, O lost their very real shot at the NC) and looks really fantastic.
They look like Northwestern, but in green and nightmarishly faster.
I've been saying for weeks that I hope USC won this game tonight. Cause Iowa is gonna have a hard time with Oregon.

Where does Arizona stand at this point?

Arizona controls their own destiny. If Arizona wins out, they go to the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately for them, their schedule is brutal:

Washington State (the only gimme)
@ California
Oregon
@ Arizona State
@ USC

The could finish 1-4 which would put them at 6-6 for the season.

Alot of posts like this, and it really goes against what we watch each week. Hawks find a way to win each week. Oregon just might just get stuffed if/when they play the Hawks. There is no D like what we have out West that I know of. I'm glad I've bought in to what the Hawks are doing - it prevents threads like "I'm afraid of XXXX team" from this Hawk fan.

Based on what I saw last night...Oregon could have beaten a pro team. Most speed I've seen in any football team in my life...without a doubt.

Add that to the fact, if we win the B-10 they are basically playing a home game.

I love the HAWKS but based on last night we would get smoked.

Sorry but that how I see it.

Northwestern: If next week runs true to form the heart attack kids are in for a battle. When will the 4th qt. come backs come back to haunt us?

Sorry but I hate the speed argument. Most teams in college have the same speed, that is realistic. Most college athletes run 4.3 forties at the most. It's not like Oregon has everyone on their team running that speed or faster. If they are so fast then how did a lowly Purdue team almost beat them at home?

A couple of thoughts...

1. If Iowa had yet to play Penn State, would you look at them and say "whoa, they're going to beat us in Happy Valley"?

2. If I had a dollar for every time I saw a team on tv, in football or basketball, and thought "holy crap, this team would pound us!" only to have Iowa wind up playing them and either hanging tough or flat out winning...I could skip the dollar menu and go for the stuff that's just as crappy, but on the other side of the menu...

In other words...they'd present problems, but screw 'em! Bring 'em on!

I think Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State would all smoke us....oh that's right. KF with a month to get ready.....we will not get smoked by anybody in a bowl. We play to our competititon, good or bad.

I think Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State would all smoke us....oh that's right. KF with a month to get ready.....we will not get smoked by anybody in a bowl. We play to our competititon, good or bad.

Haha...don't forget Michigan and Iowa State since it's a road game!

Latest posts