I think Iowa beats Michigan!!

Hawkcrush

Call me crazy, but Iowa is tough at home. Losing to the goophers was disappointing, but not all that suprising to me. It was a road game and when was the last time we won on the road. Honestly who has michigan beaten that is great? The B1G is close all over this year everyone thought Wisconsin was unbeatable now they have two losses one to a supposedly down OSU. If we can contain shoeless and make him beat us throwing then we have a chance. I think the coaches finally saw the light at MLB as the depth chart shows. Now honestly I love JVB, but he has got to learn to read outside rushers on the pre-snap read. This has been an obvious area of concern the last two weeks. It seems as though he knows where he is going before the play is called so he rushes to the line and takes no look at the outside guy. Look at film from Minny 09 to see the same exact thing. The coaches need to address this and change alignment to give hime time to throw the ball deep to McNutt cause lets face it thats who we are. We run the ball and throw it deep mostly to mcnutt, but sometimes KD. Leave a TE in or Put Orne in to help out, and sneek him out every now and then. I think I could call the michigan game and get us around 30 its pretty easy. I don't care if McNutt is doubled he is a once in a lifetime kind of player, get him the ball.

Call me crazy, but Iowa is tough at home. Losing to the goophers was disappointing, but not all that suprising to me. It was a road game and when was the last time we won on the road. Honestly who has michigan beaten that is great? The B1G is close all over this year everyone thought Wisconsin was unbeatable now they have two losses one to a supposedly down OSU. If we can contain shoeless and make him beat us throwing then we have a chance. I think the coaches finally saw the light at MLB as the depth chart shows. Now honestly I love JVB, but he has got to learn to read outside rushers on the pre-snap read. This has been an obvious area of concern the last two weeks. It seems as though he knows where he is going before the play is called so he rushes to the line and takes no look at the outside guy. Look at film from Minny 09 to see the same exact thing. The coaches need to address this and change alignment to give hime time to throw the ball deep to McNutt cause lets face it thats who we are. We run the ball and throw it deep mostly to mcnutt, but sometimes KD. Leave a TE in or Put Orne in to help out, and sneek him out every now and then. I think I could call the michigan game and get us around 30 its pretty easy. I don't care if McNutt is doubled he is a once in a lifetime kind of player, get him the ball.

All was good until you said thisin bold and I stopped reading after that. Crazy!

Try reading the rest of the post you might learn something. How can you be suprised by now when Iowa loses to an inferior oponent. I now expect them to play the good teams well and the bad teams poorly. When was the last time we totally destroyed a poor big ten opponent on the road. Now if the game was at home I would have been suprised.

The best shot for Iowa to win a game is the next two games. And Michigan is the weaker of the two.
I hope your right.

If Alston takes over for Neilson rather quickly at Mike, Iowa has a shot. If not it will be a really long day of watching Shoelaces pad his resume.

It is probably our best shot at securing another win this season. OP is correct in his thought process. Depends what coaching staff is doing this week to light some fires, and who shows up on Sat.

If we pull this off...this board will quickly fall back into support for the coaching staff and think Iowa may win the division again....

sarcarm a side...

I Actually do think we have a chance in this game...and IF we beat Michigan...I think we have a good chance at beating MSU. And if thats the case...my trip to Purdue will not be pointless...

I'm as big a kool aid drinker as anyone but it has been hard to tip the glass after Sat I must admit. I took it kinda hard. Thanks for the positive thoughts, needed that and will need some more before Sat. Heading up to witness it in person.

The only way Iowa beats Michigan is if Michigan beats themselves with about 6 turnovers, 5 of them in their own territory, 3 of them within their own 20.

It won't happen.

Michigan has much better athletes on both sides of the ball.

Michigan 38
Iowa 14

Who knows with this coaching staff? We would have beaten the rodents if the coaches hadn't ****** the on side kick down their legs, again, inexcusable. I think we can win at home, we're screwed on the road????? Just need to make a bowl and get the extra practices......

The only way Iowa beats Michigan is if Michigan beats themselves with about 6 turnovers, 5 of them in their own territory, 3 of them within their own 20.

It won't happen.

Michigan has much better athletes on both sides of the ball.

Michigan 38
Iowa 14

I have to agree with Gliding. I think this will be one of those rare instances where we get beat pretty soundly at home.

If Iowa can find a way to contain Denard then we have a very good shot at winning. Our defense needs to show some fire and the offense needs to come out guns blazing.

If Iowa can find a way to contain Denard then we have a very good shot at winning. Our defense needs to show some fire and the offense needs to come out guns blazing.

This has been the #1 key for this defense all season -- it CAN NOT contain anyone. I highly doubt it is going to find that ability in game 9, against the most dangerous QB at breaking down good contain and making good LB's look silly (neither of which Iowa has), in all of college football.

My preseason prediction had Michigan winning 38 - 35. Their defense is just so much more competent than I thought they'd be and Iowa's is just so much worse than I thought it could be. It is in Kinnick but Blue will not be intimidated by that and will actually tweak (huh?) their game plan to attack JVB to keep McNutt in check.

Michigan 41 - Iowa 24.

Latest posts