I still feel for the CR/IC folk that deal with Channel 9 and 2

ISUer

These two stations in Eastern Iowa are just horrible. They spend 0 time talking about really any Iowa or ISU game and not even during Cy-Hawk week. When they do talk they do little to no analysis and seem to know very little about either team. Its time for Moorehouse or someone to take over for Campbell, that guy was old when I was young. Not to mention, they spent the last couple weeks destroying Friday Night Lights. Also on the radio side,1600 only has one local show and thats now on during the drive home. I must say the media is 10 times better in central Iowa. We get tons of local personality and opinion and most (minus TnT) know what they are talking about. Feel lucky central Iowa.

I actually like KCRG better than any central Iowa station and am now ticked I can't get them as a local channel on dish.

I lived 15 years in Des Moines and still have rental property there. I have lived in Cedar Rapids now for 14 years. I will take easttern Iowa.

I have never lived in des Moines, and have no opinion on the quality of local tv stations anywhere in Iowa, but I moved from Colorado to cedar rapids last year and in my honest opinion CR sucks the big one, as soon as my job can get me back to Fort Collins I'm bailing out of here. but It looks like I'm being moved the Ankeny in the spring first, anyone have an opinion of Ankeny?

Ankeny is the shiznit. I know a guy who lives there and he is a bigshot. He's a closet clown fan, but otherwise he's a good dude.

I like john cambell and channel 9. not a fan of our local sports radio shows. 1600 does a nice job bringing airing hs sports, but the local sports talk shows aren't good.

also, cr is a nice place to live... but if you're comparing to fort collins that's not even fair.

I like john cambell and channel 9. not a fan of our local sports radio shows. 1600 does a nice job bringing airing hs sports, but the local sports talk shows aren't good.also, cr is a nice place to live... but if you're comparing to fort collins that's not even fair.

probably isn't fair, I mean Ft Collins does have a Five Guys, and mountains of course

I have never lived in des Moines, and have no opinion on the quality of local tv stations anywhere in Iowa, but I moved from Colorado to cedar rapids last year and in my honest opinion CR sucks the big one, as soon as my job can get me back to Fort Collins I'm bailing out of here. but It looks like I'm being moved the Ankeny in the spring first, anyone have an opinion of Ankeny?

Nope, can't come back. You have to stay in Iowa.

Ankeny is much better than CR. Fort Collins is better still.

there's a new girl on the sports dept at kcrg that does a great job as well. haven't heard her talk yet, but saw her covering a hs fb game. great hire!

Latest posts