I see

BILLYBOBSTEXAS

where Gary Barta was again named as chairman of the football champion selection committee. Are we as a fan base under estimating his value as our AD??? I, for one, am tired of him as our athletic department leader. He, in my estimation, has made numerous errors in judgment while operating as our AD. What say you.

That tells me nobody else musta wanted the job... Which after how it's gone the last few years why would they? Barta is an idiot for doing it again. He's lost some costly high profile court decisions. I don't pay close enough attention to know if the school is doing as well with their sports programs because of him or despite him. But so long as they are doing well and bringing in the big bucks (which I've always heard has been his best attribute is fund raising) there's not much heat on him. He's not going anywhere anytime soon unless he retires I'm afraid...

That tells me nobody else musta wanted the job... Which after how it's gone the last few years why would they? Barta is an idiot for doing it again. He's lost some costly high profile court decisions. I don't pay close enough attention to know if the school is doing as well with their sports programs because of him or despite him. But so long as they are doing well and bringing in the big bucks (which I've always heard has been his best attribute is fund raising) there's not much heat on him. He's not going anywhere anytime soon unless he retires I'm afraid...
LOL!!!! Maybe you're right! He's a numbskull but he's OUR numbskull!

It's a safe choice for the committee, because they never have to worry about him having to recuse himself from playoff picks. And he has no spine, so he'll just go with the flow.

Latest posts