I say at worst we go 2-2

SmalltownHawk

I still think 3-1 would be great considering all of injuries we got after the MSU game. With 3 of the last 4 being at home, against Indiana, NW, and Minny I like our chances. They won't be gimmes by any means, but we do play well at home. What do you all think?

At worst we go 3-1. I don't see us losing to Indiana or NW, and Minnesota is a shadow of a team without Decker. Ohio State will be tough, but we have been there as far the road games are concerned and can play with them at every level.

I still think 3-1 would be great considering all of injuries we got after the MSU game. With 3 of the last 4 being at home, against Indiana, NW, and Minny I like our chances. They won't be gimmes by any means, but we do play well at home. What do you all think?

Man, i think you could ruin a 6 year olds birthday party talking like that. I know your trying to be realistic but c'mon, were in the national championship talk for the first time since a lot of guys in here were even born, got a head lock on the big ten championship and are on the second longest winning streak in the country and in school history, and 2-2 is how you think we finish playing 3 of 4 worst teams in the big ten. Thanks for the pick me up Smalltown. Big confidence booster.

With the injuries to Robinson, Richardson and potentially Sandeman and Greenwood, there is a very real chance we could finish out 0-4. There are NO wins we can take for granted, even Indiana.

What a bunch of downers. It's not like we lost Tony Dorset and have no other viable options. Tate was handing off to Sam Brownlee and we won games. I would be disappointed with 2-2, 3-1 ok but as of right now I want them all.

2-2 sounds about right. I predicted prior to the MSU game that Iowa would lose to Indiana this week (no matter what the outcome of the MSU game). I think we also drop the Ohio St. game.

I have a gut feeling Iowa will be flat and overconfident this week. Our habit of letting so-called "lesser" teams hang around is finally going to bite us in the rear.

We will finish 10-2 and go to the Outback.

We need to make sure we READ the posts that are made. I said at worse case we go 2-2. I believe we will go 3-1. I think that is a realistic goal, with going undefeated being the high mark goal.

With the injuries to Robinson, Richardson and potentially Sandeman and Greenwood, there is a very real chance we could finish out 0-4. There are NO wins we can take for granted, even Indiana.
You know the world is going to end tomorrow so you can forward all your cash and assets to me.

I think some of this pessimism needs to be countered by the fact that ARob, despite performing quite well this season, is not Shonn Greene. When Hampton went down, a lot of people were equally pessimistic about the running back position, and it's turned out okay. Not great, but okay.

I guess I thought Iowa was already in heavy backup mode at the running back position. I didn't consider it a strength before this, so I'm not as worried about the prospect of Wegher, O'Meara, and possibly Rodgers contributing.

I do expect O'Meara to sub in quite a bit for the rest of the season. Protecting Stanzi in passing situations is an important part of RB play, and one that many freshman aren't capable of handling.

In 2005 we had drew Tate who was a magic man with the football. I truely think the hawks win these next two! They won't be pretty and probably both of them will be nail bitters. But the OSU game is where we get woken up! I think we finish 11-1 and we head to the Rose Bowl to face, Oregon! We can hang with them and we beat them! 12-1 season for the hawks!

First up Indiana, KF will not let his team get over hyped, he is a blue collar coach who will light up anyone's @ss who talks about BCS and National Championship. He is keeping the players focused and keeping them grounded!

I think the hawks start slow this saturday, but rebound and play very good ball in the 2nd half and win by 10!

Wow, I really hope some of you guys don't get hurt jumping off the bandwagon.

The ARob injury hurts I won't deny that, but I think JV can replace Dace and Greenwood is suppose to be good to go this week. As far as Sandeman he will be missed on punt returns but it's not like we don't have receivers that can step up and replace him.

And if we do lose either one of the next two then we don't deserve to win the Big 10 if we can't beat Indiana or Northwestern at home.

Not all of you...but some of you are the reasons that free message boards annoy me. No offense...but there is a certain lack of commitment among some people that is rather frustrating.

Worst Case scenario, we go 0-4 and I die in my sleep tonight. Best case, we go 4-0, everybody loses, we win the National Championship, and I win the lottery and give each of you $1000.

My guess is that the truth will be somewhere in between those two and beyond that, what is the point of speculating?

Wow, I really hope some of you guys don't get hurt jumping off the bandwagon.

The ARob injury hurts I won't deny that, but I think JV can replace Dace and Greenwood is suppose to be good to go this week. As far as Sandeman he will be missed on punt returns but it's not like we don't have receivers that can step up and replace him.

And if we do lose either one of the next two then we don't deserve to win the Big 10 if we can't beat Indiana or Northwestern at home.

This post is right on. Dace was playing like the beast, and it sucks that someone who has been through so much in his time here had to have his career ended with yet another injury...but that's how it goes sometimes. In any event, Vandervelde knows what he doing, and does have a fantastic right tackle alongside him.

None of the injuries that this team suffered Saturday night look to have any lasting impact on the defense - which is the strength of the team. Sandemann looks like he'll only miss this week, seeing as how he's on the depth chart.

The loss of Robinson hurts and means that either Wegher or O'Meara will have to step up, and players stepping up when their number has been called has been this teams calling card all season. No reason to think it'll change this week.

I'm predicting 5-0.

MSU left Iowa 1:39 to drive 70 yards and score a touchdown.
Iowa had not scored a touchdown all night.
MSU learned you don't give a champion that much time.

This team has charactor and will grab it's rightfull championship.

Latest posts