I sat behind the Iowa bench

PJHawk

yesterday in row two. This is oversimplified but the only person I saw showing any emotion and fire on the sideline all game was Brett Morse.

BTW for those of you that froze yesterday (yes, I did too) it's currently about twenty degrees warmer up here today :)

yesterday in row two. This is oversimplified but the only person I saw showing any emotion and fire on the sideline all game was Brett Morse.

BTW for those of you that froze yesterday (yes, I did too) it's currently about twenty degrees warmer up here today :)

Yep.

Ferentz has lost the team with his approach.

No one has any fun.

A few weeks ago after the press conference during player interviews outside the football complex, someone asked Stanzi if they had any fun. His response was, "When we win."

Well, if you're not winning and not having fun doing anything else, and you KEEP losing the same way, who's going to listen to the coach keep preaching the same thing.

I fully believe that Wisconsin has had its success this year due to emotion and passion that Bielima brings. Same with Fitz at NW.

I appreciate you pointing this out. We should all being doing more to highlight the players who gave it there all yesterday and throughout their careers. Brett will be missed.

Yep.

Ferentz has lost the team with his approach.

No one has any fun.

A few weeks ago after the press conference during player interviews outside the football complex, someone asked Stanzi if they had any fun. His response was, "When we win."

Well, if you're not winning and not having fun doing anything else, and you KEEP losing the same way, who's going to listen to the coach keep preaching the same thing.

I fully believe that Wisconsin has had its success this year due to emotion and passion that Bielima brings. Same with Fitz at NW.

Add in the fact that both Bielima and Fitzgerald have become very good football coaches. Add in for conjecture the possibility of Jim Harbaugh taking over the Michigan program and you have a growing number of young coaches in the league who will compete in the Big Ten at a high level for likely a good many years to come. Kirk and this staff will have to adjust and stay on their game and I hope that they do that.

I said this in another thread, but the fact that DJK got blocked all the way over the bench on the IOWA sideline and no one from Iowa besides DJK went after him showed me how little this team cares. That Minnesota guy should have needed the refs help just to make it back on the field, somebody on the sideline should have knocked him on his ***. But we just stood there and watched him jog back out.

You wonder whether the lack of emotion is somewhat caused by the non aggressive play calls by the coaches both on offense and defense. Just letting someone nickel and dime you to death without blitzzing at all and making a big play becomes very dishearting not only to fans but I am sure to the players as well.

I said this in another thread, but the fact that DJK got blocked all the way over the bench on the IOWA sideline and no one from Iowa besides DJK went after him showed me how little this team cares. That Minnesota guy should have needed the refs help just to make it back on the field, somebody on the sideline should have knocked him on his ***. But we just stood there and watched him jog back out.
Yeah, that still bothers me today as much as the apathy and the loss. I thought to myself "ok, now we'll see if the Hawks rally around what happened to DJK on that play". Instead we got more of the same. Dead fish eyes all around. Makes me sick.

I think Dan Gable and Tom Brands need to take KFz on a little camping trip and toughen him up a bit.
This deer-in-the-headlights crap has got to stop.

Maybe he's deficient in B-12 or has a thyroid problem. The guy need to find a little fire and energy. I'm beginning to think JoPa could kick his butt in a street fight.

I think Dan Gable and Tom Brands need to take KFz on a little camping trip and toughen him up a bit.

Maybe he's deficient in B-12 or has a thyroid problem. The guy need to find a little fire and energy. I'm beginning to think JoPa could kick his butt in a street fight.

I like this idea.

LOL! JoePa could probably whip a lot of his coaching brethren.

Winner!:D

I was physically present for all five losses this year. In all of our road games (particularly the ugly ones in Evanston and that icebox known as Minneapolis), I honestly feel that they don't come out with any fire. Rest assured, AZ, NW, and Minny had plenty of fire.

I don't get it.

It seems that Kirk's "even keel" approach has a downside of not being able to fire up the boys when they need it.

This lack of emotion came across on TV as well. Even the D did not show emotion after a stop on 3rd down...

It was as if they thought they'd run around out there, get their "W" punched and come home.

Was getting sick and tired of hearing Anti-Iowa chants on the TV broadcast..in our own home away from home stadium. Halftime is for adjustments...we haven't made any in a long time. What is it again when you do the same things over and over expecting different results?

It seems that Kirk's "even keel" approach has a downside of not being able to fire up the boys when they need it.

I agree with what your saying. The thing is that Kirk has been this way his entire career here. Why did the team "quit" this year? I think it comes down the a lack of real senior "leadership". We have some very talented seniors, but none are vocal leaders ... Angerer, King, Greenway, etc.

Latest posts