I said 2 years and even with this, I will stand by it, but I think Fran should step down

HR has a lot of BS rumors spread over there, that being said, I'd like to know more about this one. :)
If Fran wanted out he knows where the door is. There is nothing keeping him here because he can find another gig for good money.. I find it hard to believe that he wants out, especially when you have kids involved that will be playing for him. I think that’s far fetched..

The kids involved has to play a big part in both Fran and Margaret evaluating their situation at Iowa. Connor and Patrick will go through hell if the fan base and donors become unhappy and restless with their dad. Connor has a potential future in the majors playing baseball and they will want to make sure he stays on a good track which may become difficult to do with outside distractions at Iowa. Fran has his shortcomings as a coach but he strikes me as a very bright man and a very caring father who will make decisions based on what seems best for his entire family and not just himself in the coaching profession. I see nothing to make it not seem plausible that he would seriously contemplate getting out of dodge.

job security+millions=he ain't quitting
People saying he can find a better gig somewhere else also said the same thing about KF for 19 straight years.
It wasn't true for KF, and it isn't true for Fran.
There is no better coaching gig in all of sports than Iowa. (unless you're a lesbian, and even then you still make bank as an ex-coach)

The kids involved has to play a big part in both Fran and Margaret evaluating their situation at Iowa. Connor and Patrick will go through hell if the fan base and donors become unhappy and restless with their dad. Connor has a potential future in the majors playing baseball and they will want to make sure he stays on a good track which may become difficult to do with outside distractions at Iowa. Fran has his shortcomings as a coach but he strikes me as a very bright man and a very caring father who will make decisions based on what seems best for his entire family and not just himself in the coaching profession. I see nothing to make it not seem plausible that he would seriously contemplate getting out of dodge.

That a great great take!!!! Very nice

Sorry, but I don't think Fran is even close to thinking about moving on. HCs have huge egos and are very stubborn. He has taken X number of teams to the NCAA tourney and feels that if he keeps on doing what has worked in the past will work in the future.

My guess is that his take on this season will be that Williams leaving the team, Baer's early season injury, and Connor's on going health problems prevented the team from developing into a cohesive unit this year. So assuming next year we don't run into similar adversities, we do have a top 40 recruit joining the team and since returning players will be a year older, we should finish somewhere between 4-7th in the B1G and be on the tourney bubble.

"Don't give up on this team ... "

job security+millions=he ain't quitting
People saying he can find a better gig somewhere else also said the same thing about KF for 19 straight years.
It wasn't true for KF, and it isn't true for Fran.
There is no better coaching gig in all of sports than Iowa. (unless you're a lesbian, and even then you still make bank as an ex-coach)
LOL, sad, but likely true. Though, I do think Fran could drop down to a mid-major gig that would be a better fit for him and his family right now.

LOL, sad, but likely true. Though, I do think Fran could drop down to a mid-major gig that would be a better fit for him and his family right now.

His retirement plan is golden after 7 years at Iowa. Fran can do what ever he wants. Channel Connor toward baseball and Patrick can decommit from Iowa and find a new path. Both of these kids are talented and will be fine.

For sure, we do not want to do with Fran like we did with Mr. Davis. If/when he gets fired, he needs to be let go. No lame duck season.
Yea, all Mr. Davis did his lame duck season was take us to Sweet 16. What first year coach has done that for Iowa? Wait, what coach since Mr. Davis has taken us to Sweet 16. Probably your bed time, school day tomorrow.

Yea, all Mr. Davis did his lame duck season was take us to Sweet 16. What first year coach has done that for Iowa? Wait, what coach since Mr. Davis has taken us to Sweet 16. Probably your bed time, school day tomorrow.
Not sure where you are going here, but I'm one of the biggest Mr. Davis supporters.

Frans not walking away right now. He's 2 years away from coaching both of his kids at the D1 level. No coach would give up that opportunity. Nepotism runs wild in competitive sports

Barta has an interesting decision to make before the lame duck year. He will probably evaluate the situation after next season . The only reason he shitcanned Lick is because attendance took a nosedive. If that happens with Fran good chance Barta pulls the trigger

Attendance will take a nosedive after yesterday, I see 10 dollar tickets on craigslist starting tomorrow.

Unethicalness?

giphy.gif

Latest posts