I really don't understand this board >__>

GodGodGodBathia

there are already people whining about Fran BEFORE HE HAS DONE ANYTHING. he's going to do bad and Iowa will repeat these last three years if this is the attitude. stop crying because of Pearl who probably wasn't even a reality in the first place, or Forbes, or anyone else; you've all already shown that you're completely wrong with your "candidate lists" and options and should just let things play out. /rant

there are already people whining about Fran BEFORE HE HAS DONE ANYTHING. he's going to do bad and Iowa will repeat these last three years if this is the attitude. stop crying because of Pearl who probably wasn't even a reality in the first place, or Forbes, or anyone else; you've all already shown that you're completely wrong with your "candidate lists" and options and should just let things play out. /rant

Nailed it

Your circular reasoning doesn't allow that your argument of "Before he has done anything" or "Before he has even coached a game for Iowa" can apply to ANY candidate, and thus you are never risking being "wrong" in your assessment of the candidate.

My assessment of him is that he's a Mid-major sub-Lick 3-year wonder and I'm not enthusiastic about Iowa BB after hearing he's taking the helm.

Thank you!

this

I'm really beginning to believe that either Barta either doesn't understand basketball, care or want his job any more.

I really do hope that Fran can find someone that recruit and turn this wreck of a program around and I will be patient with him for a year or 2. I just don't understand Barta.

Your circular reasoning doesn't allow that your argument of "Before he has done anything" or "Before he has even coached a game for Iowa" can apply to ANY candidate, and thus you are never risking being "wrong" in your assessment of the candidate.

My assessment of him is that he's a Mid-major sub-Lick 3-year wonder and I'm not enthusiastic about Iowa BB after hearing he's taking the helm.

Many peoples assessments of Kirk Ferentz were that he was only proven as an assistant head coach at the college and pro levels but was failure as a head coach based on his time at Maine. We all know how that turned out. Different sport, I know but very similar ideas.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical based on the last two mid-major coaches that Iowa has hired, but don't go out and crucify this guy before he is given a chance.

i dont understand why some people are so optimistic

At this point, why not be optimistic? Its a done deal. He's signed, sealed and delivered. He's our coach. Period. Being negative about it now serves no constructive purpose. Barta ain't changing his mind.

At this point, why not be optimistic? Its a done deal. He's signed, sealed and delivered. He's our coach. Period. Being negative about it now serves no constructive purpose. Barta ain't changing his mind.

Exactly, to all the negative nancies out there. Here's your reason for optimism. "We can only go up."

I'm really beginning to believe that either Barta either doesn't understand basketball, care or want his job any more.

I really do hope that Fran can find someone that recruit and turn this wreck of a program around and I will be patient with him for a year or 2. I just don't understand Barta.

Maybe our program is awful and not many people want to coach here (I mean some lower tierd coaches turned us down if rumors are correct) so instead of hiring a "splash, obvious hire" (which he can't do because there isn't one that wants to coach here), he has to choose between which he thinks is the best of less recognized coaches.

and why some are so pessimistic.

We just suffered one of the worst stretches, if not THE worst stretch in the history of the program and we just hired a guy who will have trouble getting attendence to rise unless he wins continously (which will be hard to do at first) and isnt known as a great recruiter (which will make winning continuously even harder). I hope Fran does well but there are reasons for my pessimism.

A lot of people were ****** when we hired Kirk Ferentz instead of Bob Stoops.Lets give him a chance and see what he can do,it has to be better than what we had..Good Luck to him and hopefully we can fill the arena.

There is a difference between valid concerns and irrational freaking out. Some have valid concerns and other are irrationally freaking out.

You are exactly right, he didn't call Calaperi or Pitino, Barta oviosly knows nothing

ToothGuy

Latest posts