I missed first 13 minutes of MSU UConn 2nd half - what happened?

Yes...and of course Appling with an idiotic foul at the end as well. In fact, Sparty was very un-Sparty like down the stretch

Yes...and of course Appling with an idiotic foul at the end as well. In fact, Sparty was very un-Sparty like down the stretch

Thanks, MSU looked like they had plenty of chances the last 6-7 minutes. When it was 51-49 and sparty had the ball I just did not ever think I would see an entry pass go thru Payne's legs for a turnover.

As you said sparty pizzed it somewhat but give UConn credit.

Thanks, MSU looked like they had plenty of chances the last 6-7 minutes. When it was 51-49 and sparty had the ball I just did not ever think I would see an entry pass go thru Payne's legs for a turnover.

As you said sparty pizzed it somewhat but give UConn credit.

I think ultimately uconn's defense unnerved them. too many turnovers, too much sloppy play, and too much settling for the outside shot. they should have been pounding it inside but did not. give uconn credit - their guard play is fantastic, and that wins games at this time of year.

yeah - and that foul on the 3 point shot killed them in the end. still had a real chance at winning that game at that point.

This should sum it up for you 82...
Wheels-Falling-Off-Hummer--57862.jpg

I think they watched Iowa film last night.

Man, I CANNOT believe they played this poorly and lost. I had them winning the whole thing.

Funny thing is, my ESPN bracket % before the game was 67.4%.....and after....yup....67.4%!

A lot of Napier driving to the hoop, getting swatted, falling on the ground, getting foul call, sinking both FT’s. MSU played like garbage down the stretch and was still in the game.

MSU just looked worn out to me. I think the lack of depth, and the fact that the guys coming back off injuries are likely not in the kind of basketball shape they need to be, with the grueling schedule of the NCAA tournament, they just were physically, and maybe mentally, shot.

I thought the most telling thing in that game was MSU's lack of on-court leadership. Thought someone would take control for them. When they needed points late, they should've been going to the basket to get to the line.

As much as Izzo wins, one would think he'd be able to pull in a first-rate point guard. Plus, it seems like his teams never have wings that can slash to the basket.

I thought the most telling thing in that game was MSU's lack of on-court leadership. Thought someone would take control for them. When they needed points late, they should've been going to the basket to get to the line.

As much as Izzo wins, one would think he'd be able to pull in a first-rate point guard. Plus, it seems like his teams never have wings that can slash to the basket.

His wings can slash to the basket against most teams but most teams in the elite 8 play really tough defense.

MSU just looked worn out to me. I think the lack of depth, and the fact that the guys coming back off injuries are likely not in the kind of basketball shape they need to be, with the grueling schedule of the NCAA tournament, they just were physically, and maybe mentally, shot.

Dawson was a no show. Trice had an off game. Valentine was inconsistent again. Appling played poorly. The bench didn't produce. Harris and Payne were the only guys to show up.

Latest posts