I miss this guy...Woolridge

Now THAT was a point guard. He was SOOOOOO good in 1996-97. Total crime he didn't win B10 POY.

I don't remember him being freakishly quick but he was strong - It always stood out to me how big his upper body was. But he was just a smart player, excellent passer with great handles, and could score - had a knack for breaking down defenders and getting to the rim without necessarily having "blow by" speed. I'll never forget the way he diced the UK press in that 1997 tournament game.

One of my favorite Hawkeyes.

mar-1997-guard-andre-woolridge-of-the-iowa-hawkeyes-rests-on-the-a-picture-id294886

Last edited:
Now THAT was a point guard. He was SOOOOOO good in 1996-97. Total crime he didn't win B10 POY.

I don't remember him being freakishly quick but he was strong - It always stood out to me how big his upper body was. But he was just a smart player, excellent passer with great handles, and could score - had a knack for breaking down defenders and getting to the rim without necessarily having "blow by" speed. I'll never forget the way he diced the UK press in that 1997 tournament game.

One of my favorite Hawkeyes.

mar-1997-guard-andre-woolridge-of-the-iowa-hawkeyes-rests-on-the-a-picture-id294886
I wonder how good of a RB he may have made... Or a safety. Dude had broad shoulders and just looked like a football player playing hoops.

Latest posts