I love KF but that was a horrific decision calling a timeout after getting the fd.

Mesaclone

Banned
Inexcusable. Not sure if that was KF calling the TO or Stanzi...but either way, just a huge mistake.

Just simply blew the game with that error. Its a shame because I think Iowa's a better team than Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Re: I love KF but that was a horrific decision calling a timeout after getting the fd

Or the fact that the fake punt was all on the coaching. They had that one all day long. It's almost like they telegraphed it to the Badgers that they could count on it late.

Outcoached here, big time.

Re: I love KF but that was a horrific decision calling a timeout after getting the fd

You wonder why that happened. Did KOK tell Stanzi to back off. I mean Stanzi was up to the line and motioning to spike it. Then he steps back and looks at the sidelines like he was being told not to. Stupid play. Stupid decision by Stanzi to throw that ball to Robinson and dumb play by Robinson to not run straight out of bounds.

Ultimate decision is on KF! Stanzi wanted to stop the clock and knew he should, question is who was on the sideline telling him to run a damn play? Stanzi downs the ball, run another play at at least have a chance for a FG. Poor, decisions and poor special teams play all day. KF has said before that Iowa has to play a damn near perfect game to even compete let alone win these games and today was one of them days'!

................ wow

Who called the timeout - did it come from the sideline?

Like I said...its a shame that the better team did not win today.

You wonder why that happened. Did KOK tell Stanzi to back off. I mean Stanzi was up to the line and motioning to spike it. Then he steps back and looks at the sidelines like he was being told not to. Stupid play. Stupid decision by Stanzi to throw that ball to Robinson and dumb play by Robinson to not run straight out of bounds.

This falls straight on the shoulders of KF. No way in hell do you not spike the damn ball. Robinson tried to get out of bounds, but he is just so damn slow.

I have to agree with you for the 1st time, that was a total BONE HEAD call. But then again the kicking game is terrible and that is what cost Iowa the game.
smiley-angry032.gif

The better team won. No excuse. IF we were the better team we would have won. Wisconsin not only proved to have the better team, but also the better coaching staff.

I don't want to bag on KF and the staff because I believe in what they do, but they always seem to not have a good grasp on clock management toward the end of the game especially when we are playing from behind.

I'm not sure you can say that. It's not like the Northwestern game from 2008 where we beat ourselves completely. The D didn't make enough stops, the offense did a good job except for the last couple of drives, but the special teams were atrocious. That's a part of the game and that is what makes us not the better team.

The thing that is killing me is that it looked like they were lining up to spike it initially, and then for some reason they went into a shotgun formation.

They called a TO right before that play, how do you not have that situation discussed?

It is also on KF what he is doing with Norm. That is spreading D. Wilson too thin. You either have to pull Wilson off of Co-coordinator duties or stick someone else on ST. Dude, one area has killed you in 2 games! Be a freaking head coach and do something about it!

IF we were the better team we would have won.

Often in football, the better team does NOT win. For example, I have no doubt that Texas is a better team than my ISU club. Sometimes the breaks don't go your way...and Wiscy making a couple of fourth downs in that last drive was very unfortunate. Couple that with some horrific time management to close out the game...and a team that Iowa beats in Iowa City at LEAST 7 of 10 times, wins the game.

First and foremost the special teams lost the game for Iowa. Poor kickoff coverage allowing Wisconsin to run the ball back to mid-field (after a stupid offsides just prior by Iowa). Blocked extra point and failed field goal. And to top it off the most asinine stupid lapses that must be attributed to poor and I emphasize POOR coaching. Just before the fake punt I'm thinking I sure hope the coach's warned about a fake - they had stopped them and just needed the ball back. Ball security was paramount not setting up a return. Duh. It amazes me how brain-dead coaches can be at critical times. Also it looks like Les Miles has good company in the mismanagement of the clock late in a game.

In his radio interview after the game, Kirk said he likes the timeout instead of the spike in those situations. Just reporting what I heard.

I have to agree with you for the 1st time, that was a total BONE HEAD call. But then again the kicking game is terrible and that is what cost Iowa the game.
smiley-angry032.gif

Our special teams is brutal. just brutal. we simply can't keep screwing up in the kicking game.

In his radio interview after the game, Kirk said he likes the timeout instead of the spike in those situations. Just reporting what I heard.

Then that's just him taking his medicine. That's absolutely ludicrous thinking in today's situation. Inexcusable...

Latest posts