I love being right!

homerHAWKeye777

Long ago my gut was telling me that we were in store for a great OL and RB recruiting class in 2011. I then spewed that gut feeling to all those who would listen on these boards. Although it's still early, I'm willing to tout that I'm already on target concerning OL-recruiting.

All we're going to have to do now is sit back and enjoy how our RB-recruiting ends up unfolding.

No need to be insecure and/or impatient ... it WILL happen.

And, to be honest, our recruiting at some of the other position groups has been exceeding my expectation. I'm VERY excited about how this class is lookin'! Should be a VERY fun ride ....

Hey Homer, can you give me your gut feelings on the winning powerball numbers?

LOL, the odds aren't in either of our favor there. Given that Iowa won the Orange Bowl last season and the hype surrounding guys like Greene and Bulaga ... it's not like my gut was having to "reach" in making such a prediction!

Long ago my gut was telling me that we were in store for a great OL and RB recruiting class in 2011. I then spewed that gut feeling to all those who would listen on these boards. Although it's still early, I'm willing to tout that I'm already on target concerning OL-recruiting.

All we're going to have to do now is sit back and enjoy how our RB-recruiting ends up unfolding.

No need to be insecure and/or impatient ... it WILL happen.

And, to be honest, our recruiting at some of the other position groups has been exceeding my expectation. I'm VERY excited about how this class is lookin'! Should be a VERY fun ride ....

Very cool homer, how does this class fill-out since you are making calls :)

My gut also is tellin' me that we're going to also land a high-end WR/ATH type too. I have no idea who though. I hope it ends up being Jennings ... however, there are quite a number of quality guys out there who we're in the running for. I'd love it if we could re-tap into our Seffner connection too ... there are some quality guys who regularly come out of that high school program.

Also, I have a great gut feeling concerning our CB recruiting this year too. Stars or no stars, I'm VERY excited about the guys who we have offers out to. Another exciting thing to note is that we really haven't floated out any new offers at CB either. That suggests to me that we're sitting VERY well with a bunch of our top candidates! We may not land 'em all ... however, I'm convinced that we'll land quality! As it is, I'm VERY high on Campbell ... and he's pulled the trigger in favor of our Hawks!

My gut also is tellin' me that we're going to also land a high-end WR/ATH type too. I have no idea who though. I hope it ends up being Jennings ... however, there are quite a number of quality guys out there who we're in the running for. I'd love it if we could re-tap into our Seffner connection too ... there are some quality guys who regularly come out of that high school program.

I hope you are right. We are at 13 right now, here are other I think we are high on. 2 of the 3RB's, between Coe, Miller, and Gordon. I see us nabbing Jack Allen and French. I hope your right about Jennings. I think we take 1 more LB too, but it sounds as if Price is Tosu bound.

I'm not able to nail it down to the number ... however, here are my impressions so far:

Our current verbals - (no guesswork here)

DE (2) - Raymon, McMinn
LB (2) - Fisher, Orloff
CB (1) - Campbell

OG (2) - Blythe, Walsh
TE (3) - Duzey, Krieger-Coble, Hamilton
WR (2) - Grant, Vincent
QB (1) - Rudock

total = 13 current verbals

More specific "gut" feelings:

CB - 1 or 2 more out of a pool of Carter, Showers, and Kirby
OL - 1 or 2 more out of a pool of Allen, Martin, and possibly a few hidden "diamonds"
RB - 2 out of a pool of Gordon, Coe, and Miller

Vague "gut" feelings:

ATH - at least 1 from a pool that includes Jennings
WR - at least 1 from a pool that Roberts (MI)
LB - 1 or 2 more (if Spears actually visits, I think we have a legit shot for his services)
DE - at least 1 more rush-end type (no idea who ... I kinda hope we land French and he ends up there)
S - presumably 1 safety (no idea who)

End result = full recruiting class of 25 guys

I hope you are right. We are at 13 right now, here are other I think we are high on. 2 of the 3RB's, between Coe, Miller, and Gordon. I see us nabbing Jack Allen and French. I hope your right about Jennings. I think we take 1 more LB too, but it sounds as if Price is Tosu bound.

I do believe that it would be a little bit of a coup for us to land Jennings ... however, that won't stop me from hoping! Besides, even if we don't land him, I still like our chances of landing a high-end WR-type ATH. I just don't know precisely who it will end up being.

I really suspect that Iowa cooled on Shepherd because of his indecisiveness. Thus, I think that Iowa then still lands another WR who they "want." Mind you, that does not necessarily equate to the guy being a high-profile recruit ... however, I could care less. When the coaches land guys they really like ... fans SHOULD get excited.

What's your crystal ball tell you about Coe?

I'm exceptionally high on Coe, Miller, and Gordon. I'm really not worried about the particular duo we land.

I'd rather call my "crystal ball" an "inference engine." And, my inference engine tells me that Iowa remains a constant on Coe's top 3 list, irrespective of how it gets reshuffled. When you combine that fact with proximity and how well Iowa develops RBs ... it suggests to me that Iowa has a GREAT shot to land the young man. Will they definitely land him? I don't know. Do I like Iowa's chances? ABSOLUTELY!

Well, it looks like it won't be Jennings ... however, hopefully someone else ends up fitting the bill!

homer, sounds like you've got an overactive gut...might want to look into antacids or change your diet! :)

Jennings has announced his top 10....Iowa didn't make the cut.

If you are waiting to watch our RB recruiting, you'll likely have to wait a while to watch things unfold.....we are sitting pretty good with both Coe and Gordon, but both plan to take between 3 and 5 official visits and then decide sometime after the football season.

In terms of most likely guys to commit in the next week or two...well there are four guys who are deciding within the next week and Iowa is in the top 2 or 3 on all their lists. One guy is an Iowa lock pretty much....and it will be interesting to see how Iowa fares with the other 3.

The one guy I'm referring to above is visiting tomorrow...so a commitment tomorrow night would be likely IMO.

Jennings has announced his top 10....Iowa didn't make the cut.

If you are waiting to watch our RB recruiting, you'll likely have to wait a while to watch things unfold.....we are sitting pretty good with both Coe and Gordon, but both plan to take between 3 and 5 official visits and then decide sometime after the football season.

In terms of most likely guys to commit in the next week or two...well there are four guys who are deciding within the next week and Iowa is in the top 2 or 3 on all their lists. One guy is an Iowa lock pretty much....and it will be interesting to see how Iowa fares with the other 3.

The one guy I'm referring to above is visiting tomorrow...so a commitment tomorrow night would be likely IMO.

Can you stop leaving me guessing who you are talking about? Instead of saying this guy, that guy, the one over there, can you just say the name plzzzz.