I know wrong forum but this needs to be posted ...

STILLBUSTER

The best game of the weekend just ended on a Caitlin Clark winning 3. This with 1.5 seconds left and after one of the most despicable displays of the bullshit whistle by the refs on what is a let 'em play moment and, actually, a travel by Indiana big, that gifted Indiana the lead at the line.

Praise the Bball gods for guaranteeing the appropriate finish!

The best game of the weekend just ended on a Caitlin Clark winning 3. This with 1.5 seconds left and after one of the most despicable displays of the bullshit whistle by the refs on what is a let 'em play moment and, actually, a travel by Indiana big, that gifted Indiana the lead at the line.

Praise the Bball gods for guaranteeing the appropriate finish!
Holmes got the ball and did a hook and hold to keep Czinano's arm next to her, then she traveled and then she forced up a shot while only releasing the hook and hold to shoot. After watching Holmes closely for two games (against Iowa) and casually in other games, I've come to the conclusion that she's the queen of hook and hold.

Or Fran standing right there to catch the ball after in blew thru the net
Better yet, he steps in the lane as Holmes is handed the ball on the throws and unflinchingly stares down both Holmes and the ref. He gets a bench T and is tossed from Carver.

Thank God for Clark not "needing" that level of "motivation".

Holmes got the ball and did a hook and hold to keep Czinano's arm next to her, then she traveled and then she forced up a shot while only releasing the hook and hold to shoot. After watching Holmes closely for two games (against Iowa) and casually in other games, I've come to the conclusion that she's the queen of hook and hold.
I think women posts, with their fundamentaly sound base and methodical technique, have found a way to master it as part of the move repertoire. They certainly have gigantic pivot drop steps and the hooking must go unnoticed. Strangely rare call in women's games.

Fry, maybe consider whether to collapse the Women's Basketball Forum into this Forum? I honestly was only vaguely aware there is a separate WBB forum and see that the traffic is pretty light over there. I don't think it would gum up the traffic here to also be able to discuss the women's team as appropriate. I think for a lot of us, we only have time to check football, MBB and occasionally wrestling. But, a lot of us are certainly following the women's team this year. Just a thought.

I think women posts, with their fundamentaly sound base and methodical technique, have found a way to master it as part of the move repertoire. They certainly have gigantic pivot drop steps and the hooking must go unnoticed. Strangely rare call in women's games.
From your reply you are conflating hooking, using either your arm from the shoulder to elbow or entire arm in order to force the defender behind you to get a favorable position to shoot a layup, and hook and hold, where the player makes sure the defender's arm is held in position by grabbing with either their elbow and/or armpit. They are NOT the same. Czinano definitely does the hooking as to most players, and she gets called for it when it's egregious; but she does not hook and hold. Holmes did a hook and hold on the final play, but she did it at least three other times against Stulke and Warnock, and did it another time when setting a screen and caught Marshall.

Latest posts