I know it's only the first game of the B1G season.....

We need a #2 back if we're going to keep on winning. And one thing's for sure--his name isn't Leshun Daniels. Leshun's brought nothing but injuries, slow feet, and indecision at the line of scrimmage. We need to look to Derrick Mitchell as our #2 option...or else.

I think you may want to refine your definitions. If by nothing, you mean nearly 50 carries, 200+ yards and a 4.7 YPC average on the season, then you're right, Daniel's has brought nothing to the table. That indecision is really keeping him from getting nearly 5 yards a carry. SMH...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/545373/leshun-daniels-jr

And how about Drew Ott? That lazy guy went and got injured and only has had ONE sack since then!!!! Parker Hesse for Heisman!
Duzey hasn't been targeted for a pass all season, maybe we should just drop him from the two-deeps, too? Y'know, I think Iowa needs a new rule: If you get injured, you get fired. Wait... if that's how it worked we wouldn't have Canzeri.... or Mitchell... Wadley would be our #1 and he'd have no fullbacks to run behind.

Get some perspective.

Le Shun will be just fine. Get over yourself. I just hope that we don't put the Hawks in the graveyard if the WI game turns out to be a loss. We are riding high, for sure. But, WI is a good defensive football team that can produce decent offense. And the game is, I would remind you, in Madison. If we do fall to the rodents, remember that we still have 7 very important football games to play. Like the players will, we fans just need to move on, regardless of the outcome.

I agree. Still a lot to play for after Saturday. At this point, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, & Nebraska all can beat each other regardless of the venue. Initially I though Wisconsin would probably win out if they beat Iowa but starting to change my mind. I just don't see a lot of separation between them. All have strengths and all have glaring weaknesses. The only questions are: Who will be able to expose the other's weakness? And who will be able to minimize their own?

Iowa's cross-division schedule may be "easy" having to play @Indy and MD in Iowa City.

, but the games inside the division did not work out great.
@Wisc, @NW, @Neb
ILL, Minn, Pur in Iowa City.

Iowa plays the top 3 teams in the division on the road. not good.

I remember that '09 was like that. Wisconsin, MSU and OSU on the road

I remember that '09 was like that. Wisconsin, MSU and OSU on the road

Its interesting to think that some of Iowa's most successful seasons in the Fry/Ferentz era have come with tough B1G schedules on the road.

1990 Michigan, MSU & Illinois (when they were actually good) on the road.

2002 PSU and Michigan, Minnesota even had a good offense that year

2009 PSU, Wisconsin, & MSU with a loss to Ohio St. ( 3-1 with the toughest B1G road slate in memory)

We need a #2 back if we're going to keep on winning. And one thing's for sure

I agree we need a second back, and I believe, we need a 3rd. I disagree that LD has slow feet. He had really good and quick footwork prior to his ankle injury. But, he does seem a bit injury prone and I'm not certain of the need to play him against UNT. I'm also uncertain why Mitchell didn't get way more carries against UNT and not certain I agree with redshirting Graham. Many times, the B1G is won by attrition. Wadley hasn't convinced me he can hang onto the football, yet.

Le Shun will be just fine. Get over yourself. I just hope that we don't put the Hawks in the graveyard if the WI game turns out to be a loss. We are riding high, for sure. But, WI is a good defensive football team that can produce decent offense. And the game is, I would remind you, in Madison. If we do fall to the rodents, remember that we still have 7 very important football games to play. Like the players will, we fans just need to move on, regardless of the outcome.

Actually, badgers are members of the weasel family (mustelidae), not of the order rodentia. I know I am a jack ***, but I just can't help myself sometimes.