I know I am getting ahead of myself but...

SixAMtailgate

I can't help but think about how insane the atmosphere in Kinnick could be on Nov. 20th at 2:30 if Michigan can pull the upset of Wisconsin at 11am and Iowa knows it is theirs for the taking.

Ok, now I am ready for the "one game at a time" and "must beat NW first" replies.

I thought that same thing with michigan state...I thought we would kill wisky and have gameday in IC for the msu game. Dont get ahead of your self my friend

I am just puting myself out there so people have someone to blame for jinxing it all if they lose to NW. Sacrificial lamb.

with the players on the field warming up, i doubt that they will know until halftime (unless the bench is avidly paying attention to the scores Kinnick shows on the south endzone scoreboard). All the fans will know, but Iowa players may not know till we kickoff after halftime.

If Northwestern beats the Hawks, even if Wisconsin loses to Michigan and Michigan State loses to Penn State, you can forget about back to back trips to the BCS for Iowa.

The BCS will not take a 9-3 Iowa team when there are two 10-2 teams or better in the conference. I doubt the BCS takes any 9-3 team from the Big Ten unless that team is the automatic qualifier.

Iowa must beat Northwestern to stay in the hunt for the automatic qualifier BCS bid.

If Northwestern beats the Hawks, even if Wisconsin loses to Michigan and Michigan State loses to Penn State, you can forget about back to back trips to the BCS for Iowa.

The BCS will not take a 9-3 Iowa team when there are two 10-2 teams or better in the conference. I doubt the BCS takes any 9-3 team from the Big Ten unless that team is the automatic qualifier.

Iowa must beat Northwestern to stay in the hunt for the automatic qualifier BCS bid.

The BCS won't take a 9-3 Big Ten team because I highly doubt a 9-3 Big Ten team is even in the top 14 to qualify for an at large bid.

i'm pretty sure that no one is saying this at all. but thanks for your input:rolleyes:

-what the op was saying is that he knows that he was ahead of himself, but was already getting excited about the atmosphere.

even if we were to drop one I FOR ONE will not be upset, because we will win our bowl game and still have won 10 games. even if we drop one, but win the rest, we would have won 29 games over the last 3 seasons and losing only 9 (w/o knowing what we would lose by later this year, you could assume it would be close considering that our 8 losses since starting '08 are by a total of 30 points (3.75/game) while averaging a margin of victory of 19/game.)

i'm pretty sure that no one is saying this at all. but thanks for your input:rolleyes:

-what the op was saying is that he knows that he was ahead of himself, but was already getting excited about the atmosphere.

even if we were to drop one I FOR ONE will not be upset, because we will win our bowl game and still have won 10 games. even if we drop one, but win the rest, we would have won 29 games over the last 3 seasons and losing only 9 (w/o knowing what we would lose by later this year, you could assume it would be close considering that our 8 losses since starting '08 are by a total of 30 points (3.75/game) while averaging a margin of victory of 19/game.)

I'm hopeful the Hawks can win out and go to a BCS bowl. Having done that in back to back seasons puts the Iowa program in the elite status or at least the next thing to that.

Nothing wrong with people getting ahead of themselves.

I prefer to take one game at a time. Come Saturday evening we will know how relevant the Ohio State game is to Iowa's BCS chances, that is still a good chance or slim and none.

Latest posts