I Knew It Was Bad, But WOW...I Didn’t Think It Was This Bad

So what is the story with him anyways? His dad a big donor or something?
It’s his uncle...Uncle Bruce.

He’s a big ag business guy who’s into pork, ethanol, and owns a double metric shit ton of land. Used to be the president of the Board Of Regents. Big into politics. He even has his own Wikipedia page—no shit.

I’m 93% certain Rastetter showed up to tryouts one day and hand-delivered one of uncle Bruce’s checks to Ferentz himself. I heard inside the envelope was a note that said,

Dear Kirk,

My assistant informs me that my nephew can kick a rubber mini Franklin football over half a city block. I trust you’ll take the goddamn hint the first time.

Love,

Uncle Bruce

Don't worry guys. We won't need to punt this year. #Brian2.0
Some folks are blessed with the hair gene. I am not one of them.

59f8c2b4682c2.image.jpg

6_5465173.jpg

Is that you, @HuckFinn ?
Haha I have no clue as to what our return yards given up stats ranked but that'd have to be one of the most misleading ones ever. How many of our punts didn't go past the 50 yard line for crying out loud... To punt it from the 20-15 yard line and barely get it to midfield is just pathetic. It has about the same effect as a turnover frankly and with that being the case going for it on 4th down more should have been considered...

I'm guessing we'll see Gersonde this year instead, but I have no idea how Rastetter made the team much less kicked for us last year. He'd be an average high school punter at best. For a coaching staff that puts so much emphasis on field position it's amazing we had a punter who wouldn't start at most high schools.

I'm guessing we'll see Gersonde this year instead, but I have no idea how Rastetter made the team much less kicked for us last year. He'd be an average high school punter at best. For a coaching staff that puts so much emphasis on field position it's amazing we had a punter who wouldn't start at most high schools.
Bruce Rastetter is his uncle and you have no idea how he played last year?

Don't worry guys. We won't need to punt this year. #Brian2.0
This could be strategy actually. Go for it the majority of the time and if they need to punt have Stanley do it out of shotgun. If they do this it cannot be worse than the results from last year. The research is pretty interesting regarding the extreme aggressive playcalling and on-side kicking the majority of the time.

Most is at the high school level from what I have seen so not sure how well it would translate to college but it could be what Iowa needs to bring some "excitement" to the program. For us it is all about breaking tendencies this year

This could be strategy actually. Go for it the majority of the time and if they need to punt have Stanley do it out of shotgun. If they do this it cannot be worse than the results from last year. The research is pretty interesting regarding the extreme aggressive playcalling and on-side kicking the majority of the time.

Most is at the high school level from what I have seen so not sure how well it would translate to college but it could be what Iowa needs to bring some "excitement" to the program. For us it is all about breaking tendencies this year
I'm down with this.

I'm down with this.
CJ had a couple nice pooch kicks while he was here.

Bruce Rastetter is his uncle and you have no idea how he played last year?

I guess that explains why he was on the team but Gersonde's injury has more to do with why Rastetter played. While Barta cares who Bruce Rastetter is, I highly doubt KF does.

Latest posts