I just watched the orange bowl again.....

ForeverHawk

and I think all slogans for all spots at the university of Iowa should be: "If you don't love it, leave it!" Thank you Ricky Stanzi!!!

Did GT's offense show up the second time around?
By the way, I havent had a chance to see it again yet and there are a couple of plays that, at the time i said deserved a review or at least a replay.
One was the pick 6. Looked to me like the GT defender went through/ran over/knocked down DJK to get to the football. Looked more like PI on that play than the one no-call on Sandeman later in the game.
Another was GT's lone offensive TD. Angerer came in and laid it on the RB, and the one and only replay showed his elbow hit the ground well short of the goal line.
Just curious what anyone else saw/thinks after getting to see replays of these 2 plays.

Did GT's offense show up the second time around?
By the way, I havent had a chance to see it again yet and there are a couple of plays that, at the time i said deserved a review or at least a replay.
One was the pick 6. Looked to me like the GT defender went through/ran over/knocked down DJK to get to the football. Looked like PI on that play than the one no-call on Sandeman later in the game.
Another was GT's lone offensive TD. Angerer came in and laid it on the RB and the one and only replay showed his elbow hit the ground well short of the goal line.
Just curious what anyone else saw/thinks after getting to see replays of these 2 plays.

There definitely was some contact on that pick 6. However, since the DB played the ball more so than DJK, I figure that was why there was no call made. The throw was a bit off, but DJK probably could have come back to the ball some. I think he slipped a little which made the play possible. Everything that could have gone wrong on that play did and it resulted in really the only real positive outcome for GT that night.

I did not look at the lone offensive touchdown. I remember thinking he was in when watching the reviews during the game! Nevertheless, GT most likely would have scored anyway! It is fun to re-watch to see how dominant Iowa was on defense. And they looked so good offensively early on!

There definitely was some contact on that pick 6. However, since the DB played the ball more so than DJK, I figure that was why there was no call made. The throw was a bit off, but DJK probably could have come back to the ball some. I think he slipped a little which made the play possible. Everything that could have gone wrong on that play did and it resulted in really the only real positive outcome for GT that night.

I did not look at the lone offensive touchdown. I remember thinking he was in when watching the reviews during the game! Nevertheless, GT most likely would have scored anyway! It is fun to re-watch to see how dominant Iowa was on defense. And they looked so good offensively early on!

Thanks for your thoughts! Those 2 plays just stuck in my mind and it might be 2 weeks before i get to see it again!

I was at the Orange Bowl and DVR'd the game and the pre-game show.

After watching the pre-game show, I became convinced that we weren't going to win the game, even tho I knew the outcome. I mean, we didn't have a chance!! :confused:

I was at the Orange Bowl and DVR'd the game and the pre-game show.

After watching the pre-game show, I became convinced that we weren't going to win the game, even tho I knew the outcome. I mean, we didn't have a chance!! :confused:

Eddie George picked us to win and Jimmy Johnson said we'd lose. Seems fair.

Pick 6 was clean...the one that should've been called but wasn't, was the deep throw down the middle in the second half (3rd Qtr I believe) to Sandeman, the guy wraps his arm around Colin to get leverage to bat the ball away...no call...to which Davis says "good no call there"...when had it been called he would've said, "good call there"...

and I think all slogans for all spots at the university of Iowa should be: "If you don't love it, leave it!" Thank you Ricky Stanzi!!!

I Loved how Ricky points back to his boys after making that comment.They were all laughing at him ..Funny stuff !!!

Pick 6 was clean...the one that should've been called but wasn't, was the deep throw down the middle in the second half (3rd Qtr I believe) to Sandeman, the guy wraps his arm around Colin to get leverage to bat the ball away...no call...to which Davis says "good no call there"...when had it been called he would've said, "good call there"...

I thought it was a good no call. Yeah, had some contact with the back arm, but not that bad.

I like Rick, but he needs to grow in his game still. I'd personally be thanking Clayborn for that win on an individual level. Getting sacks, manhandling the edge to break down the option and an overall dominating performance...Orange Bowl MVP.