I Hope Our Fan Base is Smarter Than This

remember the clown on here bragging up on how he helped paw recruit? phone conversations with clowny recruits, sitting with them at games, etc?? he was my first thought when reading above article.

What's preventing someone from calling recruits while posing as a fan of a rival school? Besides common decency, which is in short supply when it comes to recruiting.

How about anybody that contacts them on twitter (actually talks to them, not follow) or becomes a facebook "friend". Not only is it creepy but it could be considered a NCAA violation.

anyone with a paying membership to recruiting websites directly encourages this type of behavior.

The answer is no, not all fans are smart enough to stay away from this. Lone wolf's are out there in every gathering of people.

And doing this is just stupid. It's just freaking football.

Someday this will become a weapon used by rival fanbases. I could see a Michigan alum calling up an OSU recruit posing as an OSU fan and then getting OSU in trouble for it.

I don't think our fan base is smarter and they could certainly be that ignorant about the rules. Remember the few that felt they were entitled to getting all the details about the Coker investigation?

It's good we have rules like this in place. We need to protect these student atheletes as there are a lot of weird people who take football a little too seriously who have very easy acess to the athletes these days.

Latest posts