I hope Brommer stays

I hope Archie is developing and will contribute. I was very disappointed that we did not use that scholly on Seth VanDeest,,, another big man like him would have helped a lot this year.

I'm at the turning point. I hope he stays, too, Freddy. He showed flashes of excellence tonight. If he could bring that for 20 minutes or more next season, wow-zers.

I think the fact that we have to have a discussion about whether a current player is going to stay or leave says a lot

PS - i hope he stays

The foul problems for Brommer are at least partly a result of his inexperience. You have to be out there for a while to better understand what you can get away with and how not to make the physical contact obvious.

The fould problems Brommer has are not a result of his inexperience. They are a result of him commiting a fould every other possession when he's playing, and one foul every third possession while on the bench.

If even carries over off the court. The other day the guys were in line at the cafeteria and Brommer hack the crap out of Cougill trying to get at a loose orange that was rolling around.

"Experience" in this context isn't about time in the program, it's about time on the court. He's probably had less in two years than all three of our freshmen in one.

The only thing that is frustrating is that we know have two guys in the same class, Brommer and Archie, that are going to fill the same limited role on the team next year. Big body that comes in and gives a few minutes and provides only a defensive presence and nothing on the offensive end.

I don't want either to leave per say but it just doesn't make sense from a scholarship perspective. Especially on a team that really lacks perimeter defense and ball-handling.

The only thing that is frustrating is that we know have two guys in the same class, Brommer and Archie, that are going to fill the same limited role on the team next year. Big body that comes in and gives a few minutes and provides only a defensive presence and nothing on the offensive end.

I don't want either to leave per say but it just doesn't make sense from a scholarship perspective. Especially on a team that really lacks perimeter defense and ball-handling.

Hadn't thought of that. The point is well taken. At minimum, it's yet another reason why we should have played Archie this season to stagger the depth at that position.

Hadn't thought of that. The point is well taken. At minimum, it's yet another reason why we should have played Archie this season to stagger the depth at that position.

I agree, if Archie would have played this year at least they are a year apart. Plus you have at least two scholarships open for 2011 whoever the coach is.

I'm at the turning point. I hope he stays, too, Freddy. He showed flashes of excellence tonight. If he could bring that for 20 minutes or more next season, wow-zers.

"Excellence" may be a strong word for someone who has zero skill offensively, but I appreciate what he was doing on the defensive end and his hustling after loose balls. He was making contributions last night, and that is more than he was doing earlier in the year.

Latest posts