I have season tix, but why should i go?

gringo24wxc

As a season ticket holder, why should I go to games anymore?
My support is for the program, and I want what’s best for it. So if I don’t think the current direction is best, why should I go?
This isn’t a democracy, and the best way fans can show their approval or disapproval is by going or not going to games.
The disapproval has already started. You’ve seen that with season-ticket sales this year, and not a single game has been a sellout.

Unfortunately, for the last home game this year against, I’ll be in Iowa City anyway Friday night for the basketball game against Penn. And since it’s a nearly four-hour drive, I might as well go to that one.

But should I renew next year?
My vote is for change, so next year, I’m staying home.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

If you don't want to go to Iowa football games, don't renew. If you want to continue going to Iowa football games, renew.

Well nothing will change as long as the buy out is so high...so I guess we won't be seeing you next year.

Well nothing will change as long as the buy out is so high...so I guess we won't be seeing you next year.

Why? His contract is a fixed cost, yes. But why can't you spend another couple mill per year on another coach and buy him out? This team brings in annual revenue 10X that. From a purely business standpoint, at some point you need to cut your losses.

We're not selling out anymore. Season ticket sales are plunging. And the program is toward the bottom of the B1G for the second straight year.

If your business invested heavily in a service that worked great at first but now when you use it, it causes you to lose customers/revenue, you would stop using it, regardless of the fixed cost.

As a season ticket holder, why should I go to games anymore?
My support is for the program, and I want what’s best for it. So if I don’t think the current direction is best, why should I go?
This isn’t a democracy, and the best way fans can show their approval or disapproval is by going or not going to games.
The disapproval has already started. You’ve seen that with season-ticket sales this year, and not a single game has been a sellout.

Unfortunately, for the last home game this year against, I’ll be in Iowa City anyway Friday night for the basketball game against Penn. And since it’s a nearly four-hour drive, I might as well go to that one.

But should I renew next year?
My vote is for change, so next year, I’m staying home.
Johnny guido got a new screen name.

And after all that work no one cares.

Some on here think I am the worlds worst fan because I dont support kirk. Ive even said that Id take one year of no wins if it meant kirk was gone. Iowa could win no games and Im still coming to games. Ill still have my season tickets and go to a couple every year. If I lived closer Id go to every game. Its about a lot more than just the game.

Why? His contract is a fixed cost, yes. But why can't you spend another couple mill per year on another coach and buy him out? This team brings in annual revenue 10X that. From a purely business standpoint, at some point you need to cut your losses.

We're not selling out anymore. Season ticket sales are plunging. And the program is toward the bottom of the B1G for the second straight year.

If your business invested heavily in a service that worked great at first but now when you use it, it causes you to lose customers/revenue, you would stop using it, regardless of the fixed cost.
Season tickets are down? I'm fairly certain they held steady at around 58,000.

First I have seen free tics on the cork board at work, were posted on Monday, stayed there till Friday PM

Why go?

Perhaps to support your favorite team, support the young men who have worked their buttocks off for years, to enjoy a day outside, the atmosphere of game day, to show off all that black and gold clothing you spent your hard earned dollar on, a chance to see an upset, to pump up the burrito, to get that "awe" feeling when walking into historic Kinnick Stadium, to use that ticket that you had bought.

Why not go?
To be a wah wah "trying to prove a point".

Why go?

Perhaps to support your favorite team, support the young men who have worked their buttocks off for years, to enjoy a day outside, the atmosphere of game day, to show off all that black and gold clothing you spent your hard earned dollar on, a chance to see an upset, to pump up the burrito, to get that "awe" feeling when walking into historic Kinnick Stadium, to use that ticket that you had bought.

Why not go?
To be a wah wah "trying to prove a point".

You had me at "pump up the burrito".

Latest posts