I have no read on the Insight Bowl

What we really need is Kaldenberg (I realize he's banned) to guarantee an OU victory or maybe someone can predict another 61-9 score. Then we could get a better read on this game.

What did Kaldenberg do to get banned?! Stop his advertising?

When things like injuries, suspensions, distractions, etc are equal, it makes sense to look to athleticism for clues. OU has the huge edge there.

Not saying that they will win, but they should. If they don't it means something is really really wrong there.

BTW: That Missouri team the Hawks beat last year did not have these types of athletes.

Last edited:
mizz and ou are different teams but can anyone remember the pt spread last yr. athletes are better at ou but jones has struggled and in the red zone and short yardage they bring in a different qb that i believe passes worse than tebow. i think we have a punchers chance in this because as much as kf struggles against weak teams we also seem to be up for big time teams and bowl games.

When things like injuries, suspensions, distractions, etc are equal, it makes sense to look to athleticism for clues. OU has the huge edge there.

Not saying that they will win, but they should. If they don't it means something is really really wrong there.

BTW: That Missouri team the Hawks beat last year did not have these types of athletes.

The Missouri team Iowa beat last year was better than the team that OK is currently trotting out. Then again, the Iowa team that is in AZ is not as good as the one that was there a year ago.

Iowa has a good shot to beat Oklahoma. Now, if you asked me about next season's record, my answer would be different.

So, IMO, Iowa's fan base should get sky-high for the Oklahoma game - honor the seniors.
It might be the last 'great thing' the team does for a while.

Last edited:
no way Stoops runs score up on KF. Also, no way players dont show up for Norms last game. So score will be relatively close. OU has better depth, but have proven vulnerable this year. I think Iowa coaching staff can do a better job getting players to buy in to this game, and have proven to be better in preparing their team for post season games. We may even see new wrinkles that we didn't see all season...ie Derby playing the blitzing linebacker, or more blitz s than normal early in the game. Our offense has been Jeckle and Hyde all year, so, it may boil down to how the new rbs perform early in the game. If shut down as ineffective, we will be playing catch up all game and we lose by 6-13 points. If JVB gets a good start and we jump up early, thus again helping our defense, we could be in the hunt to pound on and pull out a close win by as many as 6 or 7.

I think this game comes down to preparedness and goes the way of early turnovers or bad penalties. The early momentum gets the win as the other team will lighten up. Im going to pull the homer card and say Iowa wins 27-21. {but deep down, gut says we lose 28-20}. The only thing that is certain is Stoops doesn't run up score and we won't be able to, so game will be close. GoHawks!

Latest posts