I have no read on the Insight Bowl

Our Defense is pretty shaky??? With the exception of the ISU game and maybe Mich State for a half, our defense played pretty d*** well most of the way. Once again, the offense needs to NOT Sputter against a good team.....that will be the key

Agreed. This game is up for grabs because neither team has an emotional edge. If I were KF I would want to shut-up all the people who say Stoops was the better option in 99. But I'm not sure KF doesn't agree with that notion. Then again I wonder how much of his desire to match Stoops' contract is an attempt to say, "I'm the coaching equivalent of Stoops".

This place kills brain cells

i think iowa is the only school that bob stoops wouldn't run up the score on, so that should keep it reasonably close even if the game is out of hand. i'd guess a final score of 31-20 with OU running out the clock on a gassed D-line to end the game instead of going for another score.

D'Andrea has a chance to put the McCall talk to rest. We have to control time of possesion. Our OL and running backs have to take over for us to be in the game. This can't be all on JVB.

D'Andrea has a chance to put the McCall talk to rest. We have to control time of possesion. Our OL and running backs have to take over for us to be in the game. This can't be all on JVB.

I usually feel decent about reads before games...doesnt mean I am always right of course...but I am having a hard time finding any sort of read on this game...both teams are missing a lot of players...both fanbases are pretty down in the dumps right now...

Given Iowa's track record in bowls, I will be shocked if the Hawks got blown out of the water.

I'm confused, who is Iowa missing other than Coker and McCall? Granted those are big losses but compared to Oklahoma missing their number 1 and 3 WR's, starting C, starting RB, starting DE and starting LB I would say they are missing a lot and Iowa not so much.

I usually feel decent about reads before games...doesnt mean I am always right of course...but I am having a hard time finding any sort of read on this game...both teams are missing a lot of players...both fanbases are pretty down in the dumps right now...

Given Iowa's track record in bowls, I will be shocked if the Hawks got blown out of the water.

I'll be rooting like hell for the Hawkeyes, but in all honesty Jon, be prepared to be shocked. We're getting ready to get our ***** kicked.

out is struggling. they are historically bad in bowls, Iowa is good under ferentz. would not be surprised to see a hawks win at all.

This is a tough game to read. We have to hope Oklahoma is less than inspired to be playing Iowa and we have to hope the Hawks play their game of the year. I still think we lose ... But I think it will be within 10 points.

I fear that Iowa fans on here are forgetting that Iowa is 14-16 pts underdogs,despite the player losses at OU. Vegas knows. OU has by far the best QB that Iowa will face all year,a surefire 1st round pick,who might be a top 20 pick,in Landry Jones. OU runs that no-huddle which means getting passes off rapid-fire,and that kills Iowa's thin defense.

The cliche that seems to be running amok is that the team that is wishing for a better bowl will come out flat and get beat. Well,that would mean all the favorites would lose. Purdue sure did not want to be in Detroit tonite,while W. Michigan was going for their first bowl win in school history....didn't matter.

Favorites have had their way so far this year in the bowls,altho the games have been close. Unfortunately,I see that for the Hawks....Iowa 27 OU 24. OK,I cannot pick against the Hawks,but if they pull it off,it will easily be the biggest upset of the bowl season. Enough with the crying towels for OU...they will come out breathing fire,and want to redeem themselves to the tune of a 60 pt blowout of Iowa. If Iowa gets down early, hold on sally...gonna be a runaway!

Has our RB situation become that bad where we now have a woman running the ball?

Last edited:
What we really need is Kaldenberg (I realize he's banned) to guarantee an OU victory or maybe someone can predict another 61-9 score. Then we could get a better read on this game.

I'm not down on the team or coaches but Iowa was a mediocre team in what was (this year) a mediocre conference. Oklahoma should win this one at least as decisively as Nebraska did. The Big12 teams are talented. We were VERY fortunate to beat Mizzou last year and we had a better team then.

Last edited:

Depends on what you consider "blown out of the water".

I think we lose by more than one score, even if it means 9 points. I don't think we lose by more than two scores, though.

Latest posts