I have an issue with the all-star game.

They didn't take it away from the team with the best record. It used to just alternate leagues, so this way at least it's actual being decided on the field, even if it is just an exhibition, rather than just depending on whether or not it's an even or odd year.

I didn't realize it alternated leagues before. I just think that if you have the best regular season record and make it to the World Series you should be rewarded with home field advantage and not have it predetermined by which league wins the ASG.

I didn't realize it alternated leagues before. I just think that if you have the best regular season record and make it to the World Series you should be rewarded with home field advantage and not have it predetermined by which league wins the ASG.
It's how the rest of the playoffs work, and it's how the WS should work too. Insanity is the word I would use to describe by giving it to the team from the league that won the ASG.

The 1 stat paints a better overall picture of his offensive value; it incorporates total bases and ability to get on base. Strikeouts are horribly overrated for batters. The worst thing you can do on offense is make an out. Whether it's a ground out to the pitcher, a pop fly to RF, or a strikeout, it's an out. The amount of times a ground ball are good for moving a runner over or a sac fly is for driving in a runner is nearly negated by a strikeout avoiding GIDP. I am not the one who is not looking at the overall picture here.

I never said Butler wasn't having a great year. He's just not having as good of a year as Ortiz.

I disagree with you here, if I'm putting a team together I would take Butler over Ortiz and to me it isn't even close. IMHO

I disagree with you here, if I'm putting a team together I would take Butler over Ortiz and to me it isn't even close. IMHO
You can disagree all you want, but you would be wrong. Ortiz is having a better overall offensive year than Butler. That is a fact, not an opinion. Looking to the future, you'd have to be an absolute moron to pick Ortiz over Butler. That one is a no-brainer.

As Hawk likes to say in the broadcasts, 'don't tell me what you hit, but when you hit them...' Yes Papi has a lower ave, in less games and at bats, but is getting more production for those AB's. 9 more HR, 11 more RBI, and 13 more walks. Would I take Butler over Papi for my team, yes. For the ASG, perhaps. But the point of Papi having a better season than Butler is completely valid because he is producing at a higher rate than Butler to help his team score and win games.

They didn't take it away from the team with the best record. It used to just alternate leagues, so this way at least it's actual being decided on the field, even if it is just an exhibition, rather than just depending on whether or not it's an even or odd year.

That's partially true, but only because it was never given to them. The teams with the best records in their respective leagues will both get home field through the LCS, but homefield for the World Series is determined by an exhibition game?

That's like saying that home field through the NFL playoffs will be given to whichever team plays their starters the most in preseason.

So many things wrong with this post. KC didn't have anybody deserving of the all-star game period. I don't care if you say Boston or whatever...the game should be picked by the players and their managers. This would alleviate some of what your complaining about. Don't ***** about the salary cap thing, teams like Boston, New York, etc are paying a huge amount of money in a luxury tax that gets passed to even KC. KC owners make money, huge amounts of money tell them to spend some of it...hell spend the luxury tax itself.

Latest posts