I have a feeling...

gdshawkeye09

That the Hawks are gonna fire on all cylinders and explode for a huge game real soon. MSU plays a similar style to Wisconsin, and we will be prepared. I think Iowa's best football is ahead of them. Your thoughts?

Couldn't agree more. I think if we get by MSU this weekend, and I don't care by 1 point or 100, when we get back home to Kinnick, the offense will get opened up, or so I hope. KF and KOK know the recipe to win on the road in tough environments, and unfortunately conservative is on the menu. Get by that game and one of the two home games against Indiana or NW will eclipse 40-plus points. Stanzi is showing that they can call some aggressive plays and trust his decision making, which I don't think was the case after the first few games.

Couldn't agree more. I think if we get by MSU this weekend, and I don't care by 1 point or 100, when we get back home to Kinnick, the offense will get opened up, or so I hope. KF and KOK know the recipe to win on the road in tough environments, and unfortunately conservative is on the menu. Get by that game and one of the two home games against Indiana or NW will eclipse 40-plus points. Stanzi is showing that they can call some aggressive plays and trust his decision making, which I don't think was the case after the first few games.

I agree. I think we win by a decent margin in East Lansing similarly to the Wisconsin game, then come home and beat Indiana by 3+ touchdowns with our offense putting up 38 or more points. Our offense's coming out party was really at Indiana last year, I don't see why this year will be any different.

Just win. That will be my mantra the rest of the year. By one point or 100...does not matter in the end. AS Hayden always said , at the end of the year they do not ask ''How?'' They only ask ''how many?''.

I have been saying this since the Ark St game and it hasnt happened. My guess is that we will continue to make mistakes but find a way to win with the defense leading the way.

Its been 7 games of similar football so i dont think it will change. You could argue that the team is finally healthy for a couple consecutive weeks so maybe you are right and things will click. I hope so!

That the Hawks are gonna fire on all cylinders and explode for a huge game real soon. MSU plays a similar style to Wisconsin, and we will be prepared. I think Iowa's best football is ahead of them. Your thoughts?

I think this team is what it is........23-17 Iowa is my early prediction -
BUT I hope you are right...........opening up a can of Whoop-@$$ on the Road in East Lansing would go a long way for these Hawks when it comes to national media perception in the NC chase
(I can't believe I am talking about Iowa Football and NC in the same sentence......it's about damn time)

But also if we smack the taste out of Sparty's mouth this weekend in an @$$-whoopin.....I could also see the National Media saying they beat a weak 4-3 MSU squad that lost to Central Michgan.

So don't say I didn't warn you.......

But also if we smack the taste out of Sparty's mouth this weekend in an @$$-whoopin.....I could also see the National Media saying they beat a weak 4-3 MSU squad that lost to Central Michgan.

So don't say I didn't warn you.......

This is exactly what would happen.

I think this weekends matchup plays out very well for the hawks. what i like....

1. Little to no RB depth currently for MSU (injuries), and true freshman in 1st primetime game against toughest defense yet
2. Cousins, although not a runner by nature, is still somewhat fresh off a ankle injury, so not a big run threat downfield and hopefully not as mobile in the pocket
3. They defensively allowed a lot of sustained drives against NW (Kafka), Wisky (Tolzien), and ND (Clausen) with no interceptions. Seem to give up the short pass and cover the deep (Moeaki will make them either change or have a field day over the middle).
4. Rely a lot on there split ends (White, Cunningham, Dell) and White's best CB faced this year, Warren, held him under 50 yds. receiving. Spievey should be matched up on him most of the night.

I think the gameplan shouldn't change at all, as I think getting to 20-plus points is the key, take what they give us, play the field position game, and try and make Sparty sustain a drive against us. Sash and Greenwood need to have big games, cause I think Cousins will try and utilize there split ends downfield looking for the big play, so over the top help will be important. And lastly I'd be ready for some trickery, cause MSU will look for something to swing the momentum with the primetime crowd if they happen to get down. Go Hawks!

I agree with what everyone's saying on here. I think I even heard DJK saying something along the lines of "sandbagging" the first half vs wisky so that way they could not make 2nd half adjustments. And if that's the case, it worked out BRILLIANTLY :)

MSU isn't as scary as alot of people think. Yeah they're putting things together, but look at the quality of their opponents, really not too many victories over "solid" opponents.

I think we're going to start gelling pretty quick come Saturday night, and you'll see us win, not blowing them out per say (even though that would be greatly appreciated LOL), but doing it the way we've been doing it all year, somewhere in the 28 - 13 range.

Also... I know Kirk was saying something about not scoreboard watching but you KNOW we're going to be keeping our eyes on the SEC teams, as well as Texas, mostly Texas because if they slip up, and we run the table its on to the OTHER pasadena game ;) LOL

TheEnigma

GO HAWKS!!!!

I think it's going to happen, but I have no idea if it will be this weekend. MSU has a decent defense but their secondary has been farily weak so it could happen.

We do need the style points if we want to move up, but I think we dont start gelling as a team until Indiana.

MSU has a better QB than Wisky. Wisky has a better RB and offensive line.

Iowa doesn't have a weakness on D, except for starting slow. If the defense comes ready to play I like our chances there.

Offensively, I we can play a clean game and the offensive line finally shows up, we could really put up some points.

KOK will have to be a little more clever this week than in weeks past.

hope you're right. The euphoria of the early 2000's would return. you know "find a way", next man in, etc

If the Hawks win out it will be a very special year. Just to get to 9-3 would be nice. 10-2 would even be better.

I am sure all Hawk fans would love for Iowa to make the trip up north and just stomp Wisconsin in the dirt.

Latest posts