I hate to admit it but Serious Hawk fans are the real problem.....

What would be considered a successful season, a National Championship.....?

Perhaps beating Iowa State and Minnesota.....

Expectations were too high this year, same as last year.....

I don't think too many were thinking 9 or more wins. I myself thought 6 or 7, just figured on winning some of the ones we lost and losing some of the ones we won.
So you thought 6-7 wins this year? Well, we were on the upside of that so you shouldn't be too upset then....but wait....you are though. I'm confused. Please don't give me the " but I thought the losses would be from other teams than ISU and MN" ,you expected 6 and we got 7. You should ok with it. U less of course you really expected 8-9. Still confused.

Please don't give me the " but I thought the losses would be from other teams than ISU and MN"
Why not? That is exactly what I said. I'm not okay with losing two straight to Minnesota and KF having a losing record against ISU, are you? Not being able to take care of teams like that is no good for the program and is why people are getting concerned.

Not being able to take care of teams like that is no good for the program and is why people are getting concerned.
This is the sense of entitlement some others have commented on. Why should any team be able to pencil in a victory over any other team based on past history? Minnesota has had championship teams in the past too. Why shouldn't Minnesota fans then pencil in a win over Iowa every year? Every team in the country is trying to get better. Every head coach in the NCAA has more football knowledge in their little finger than anyone posting here has in their entire body. The "fat cats" Ferentz talks about are really "fans" like these who feel entitled to wins over certain programs.

Trying my best as of late not to knock on posters....but get a clue. Rose bowls as we know it are not what they were when Fry was coaching. Track BCS appearances and that's a better comparison...if you do that then KF is right on track.

I'm sorry, but this is flawed. Yes bowls are not the same, but if they were Kirk Farentz would have been to zero BCS calibur bowls as you had to win the confernce and the years he did we did not get the tie breakers. To compare apples to apples you can't just say the Orange bowl is a BCS bowl=Rose bowl. Not the case.

Latest posts