I hate being a Vikings fan

Vikes had him as the the #1 QB on their board when their pick came up- that's what they get payed for- Only time will tell if it was a great pick or a fail

Vikings pick: Prize or surprise? | StarTribune.com

Viking fans wanted the cornerback from Nebby, radio talk shows are ripping the Team, time will tell but it looks like they really over - reached for Ponder, I know they wanted to trade down for a 3rd because of the Randy Moss disaster but it looks like no one offered.

There is no way he would have been there at 44. I also wonder if anyone was really offering anything enticing to the Vikes to move into the 12 spot.

No way he wouldve been there? Dalton, Mallett and Kaspernick are still there. I doubt any other team was going to take a QB in round 1. They could grab one of these guys in round 2 if Ponder happened to go before 44

The Vikes brain trust loves Ponder apparently so time will tell - as of today it looks like a horrible panic pick

Vikings tried to trade down and couldn't find a partner. They were stuck at 12 took the QB they liked best.

Two obvious reasons not to take Ponder at 12

1) He wouldve been there in early round 2
2) He isnt a good quarterback

Ponder would have gone to the Redskins at pick 16 and the Seahawks were trying to trade up to snag him if the Vikings didn't pick him. So no, he would not have been there in early round 2.

like fufred and southobrien said. they couldn't find anybody to trade down with so instead of waiting for the second round and hopefully getting the qb that THEY wanted, they took him #12. it might have been a reach value wise, but not for need.

As a Vikings fan... When I heard that my jaw dropped...

1. Ponder or a QB of equal value would have been there for a later pick.

2. I know I'm biased but I believe Stanzi has more potential. I was really hoping they would take him as their QB. Stanzi's game is improving with time... which shows he learns well and is coachable. Not to mention the fact that I believe he is a great leader. (Something needed at the QB position in the NFL especially.)

I saw someone say the T-wolves draft poorly. Actually the T-Wolves draft some good players, but for some reason decide to trade them away. Example: Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen are two people that come to mind.

Latest posts