I got this email from an ISU fan...what should I email back?

Say "congrats on the win"

That's what an adult would say. Doesn't sound like the person who emailed you ripped on your team or was boasting to much. Pretty typical of what you would hear from any fan of any team after they were predicted to win 2 games and just had a historic win.

Last edited:
Congratulate the e-mailer. Then let him/her know that you are looking forward to seeing if Iowa State can finally have more bowl wins than Ricky Stanzi.

Say "congrats on the win"

That's what an adult would say. Doesn't sound like the person who emailed you ripped on your team or was boasting to much. Pretty typical of what you would hear from any fan of any team after they was predicted to win 2 games and just had a historic win.

Funny. Yeah I'm sure it was just an informative email in case they hadn't heard.

For the doubters ISU is now bowl eligible, oh yeah and they beat the #2 team in the nation, SOLID ~

I would tell him that you had to come on an internet message board to ask how you should reply because you aren't clever enough to come up with something yourself. Honesty is the best policy.

Funny. Yeah I'm sure it was just an informative email in case they hadn't heard.

So if the emailer was looking to talk crap, a simple, "congrats on the big win" would end it right there. You don't give them the satisfaction of knowing it makes you mad that ISU won.

Either way it is the correct answer

So if the emailer was looking to talk crap, a simple, "congrats on the big win" would end it right there. You don't give them the satisfaction of knowing it makes you mad that ISU won.

Either way it is the correct answer

Look at the big brain on Cy17! Trying to play the high road card. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Congratulate the e-mailer. Then let him/her know that you are looking forward to seeing if Iowa State can finally have more bowl wins than Ricky Stanzi.

Why congratulate the e-mailer? Is he on the team? I have never understood this by fans congratulating other fans on the win. Fans have zero affect on the games. No need to congratulate this guy, just pee in his coffee.

Why congratulate the e-mailer? Is he on the team? I have never understood this by fans congratulating other fans on the win. Fans have zero affect on the games. No need to congratulate this guy, just pee in his coffee.

I guess I took it as this dude "called" it and the other guy told him he was wrong? But yeah, it's dumb.

Latest posts