I gaurantee you CJB will NOT be the starter next fall.

M

mysteron

2 possible reasons.

1) He leaves of his own choice (after making some calls to test a different landing pad)

2) If he doesn't leave Weigers or someone else will start ahead of him.

Now, I didn't type that because I think CJB isn't talented enough to be the starter. In fact I think he is. But after 16 yrs we all know Kirk. He has an iron-trap memory and a stubborn streak. That maneuvering by the Beathards in the media WILL be remembered. Kirk will not let that slide. There is nothing Kirk hates more than someone manipulating his decisions.

2 possible reasons.

1) He leaves of his own choice (after making some calls to test a different landing pad)

Now, I didn't type that because I think CJB isn't talented enough to be the starter. In fact I think he is. But after 16 yrs we all know Kirk. He has an iron-trap memory and a stubborn streak. That maneuvering by the Beathards in the media WILL be remembered. Kirk will not let that slide. There is nothing Kirk hates more than someone manipulating his decisions.

2012 was bad but KF not playing another QB (ruddock ) that year made me think this guy is stubborn or a little off.

2013 was a good rebound even though there were still a few "what was that" moments from KF.

But this year was total proof that he has never once yet and still cant manage a QB situation and overall a lot of the talent on this team.

I am not getting my money's worth buying season tickets. My buddies who sit by me are like me and bored with our offense.

And we just sat through a poor season with a really good QB riding the pine. I agree with you that KF may just say 'screw you" to everyone and if he does he will prove that he is mean spirited and not having the best wishes for his players and team record.

2 possible reasons.

I want this guarantee to be more specific because (2) is too general.

Is the "someone else" Jake Rudock?

Is Weigers or someone else other than JR starting because CJ is injured?

2 possible reasons.

THATS A HOT TAKE. I/we look forward to your mea culpa come August.

3rd option? God forbid, could suffer an injury between now and Sept.

Kirk is just to loyal to Jake and to afraid of change to make a move. He finally got the stones to do it for the bowl game. It would have been pointless to do that if he wasn't planning on following through with it. I think CJ starts from day 1 next year.

Kirk is just to loyal to Jake and to afraid of change to make a move. He finally got the stones to do it for the bowl game. It would have been pointless to do that if he wasn't planning on following through with it. I think CJ starts from day 1 next year.
As long as KF is coach (if KF isn't coach what are the odds CJ stays?), CJ will be the starter. In 2016 CJ will become the starter. That's KF's plan.

Last edited:
2012 was bad but KF not playing another QB (ruddock ) that year made me think this guy is stubborn or a little off.

Good god, is this myth still alive? 2012 was NOT about Vandenberg. The kid had a 25-7 TD/INT ratio and threw for 3,000 yards in 2011. Then Greg Davis happened.

It was about the 20 yard lateral pass, 3 yard checkdown and 5 yard pass pattern on 3rd and 8.

GREG DAVIS killed Vandy. Ruddock would have been even worse as he had 1/2 the arm.

Good god, is this myth still alive? 2012 was NOT about Vandenberg. The kid had a 25-7 TD/INT ratio and threw for 3,000 yards in 2011. Then Greg Davis happened.

It was about the 20 yard lateral pass, 3 yard checkdown and 5 yard pass pattern on 3rd and 8.

GREG DAVIS killed Vandy. Ruddock would have been even worse as he had 1/2 the arm.

I don't think he was saying QB was the problem in 2012. But Rudock not getting a single snap during that absolute dumpster fire of a season (which wasn't Vandy's fault) was ridiculous. We were the only school in FBS that had one guy take every single snap. That's a case where being exceptional isn't a good thing.

I don't think he was saying QB was the problem in 2012. But Rudock not getting a single snap during that absolute dumpster fire of a season (which wasn't Vandy's fault) was ridiculous. We were the only school in FBS that had one guy take every single snap. That's a case where being exceptional isn't a good thing.
Fair enough. I agree that Rudock should have seen action that season. My point is this; Vandy is often made the fall guy for the offensive trainwreck of 2012, and I think that's unfair. Greg Davis started that fire... On the other hand, the crime of CJ "not getting many snaps" this year, is much worse that Rudock getting none in 2012. Why? Because Vandy had shown he could throw the ball...deep, wide, on target. Where as Rudock repeatedly threw late...behind...short...or worst of all, NOT, because he was afraid to go there.... in 2014. So 20% CJ in 2014 is a worse crime than 0% Rudock in 2012, IMHO. But..and this is perhaps the most important point...BOTH show what's wrong with KFz.

Fair enough. I agree that Rudock should have seen action that season. My point is this; Vandy is often made the fall guy for the offensive trainwreck of 2012, and I think that's unfair. Greg Davis started that fire... On the other hand, the crime of CJ "not getting many snaps" this year, is much worse that Rudock getting none in 2012. Why? Because Vandy had shown he could throw the ball...deep, wide, on target. Where as Rudock repeatedly threw late...behind...short...or worst of all, NOT, because he was afraid to go there.... in 2014. So 20% CJ in 2014 is a worse crime than 0% Rudock in 2012, IMHO. But..and this is perhaps the most important point...BOTH show what's wrong with KFz.

Vandy absolutely takes much more than his fair share of the blame for 2012. I always felt bad for him, having to stand in front of the media every week and try to keep his head held high and stay positive during about the most miserable season a quarterback could have, always having reporters asking him what the problem was and having to deal with fans' reactions to his stat line. He held up about as well as I think anyone could have under those circumstances.

Latest posts