I dont think this is a team that makes a bowl

hawkfarmer

I just don't see 2 more wins on the schedule. You may scoff, but I don't see it. There are some really good offensive teams out there.

NW- I think they beat Iowa easily. They have offense, but their D is bad, but Iowa's O is so bad and NW destroys Iowa's D about every year, and its at NW, so I'm going with NW

Indiana- I think David Kenney is even more happy after this one. They have a high power offense, and almost got OSU. Iowa has NO offense and can't stop this kind of Offense. Iowa loses

Purdue- I think they get this one, just because Danny Hope is a hopeless coach and Iowa needs one more.

Michigan- ha, yeah right

Nebby- Don't think so.

Ok, so they probably can beat NW and Indy and Purdue, but in none of them do I consider Iowa a favorite. They are 50-50 at best.

Many will disagree, but this team was exposed last night, and the offense is just pathetic, the worst I can remember at Iowa, even the 98 team may have been better.

I honestly have a hard time seeing another victory, based on what I've seen from our offense I just don't see us putting up the points to secure a win. I think the remaining teams take Pedo St. blueprint and exploit our weaknesses. Hate to say it, but 4-8 is a strong possiblity at this point. At that point, jobs should be on the line

I couldn't agree with you more. This team hasn't even hit rock bottom is whats even scarier.

I honestly have a hard time seeing another victory, based on what I've seen from our offense I just don't see us putting up the points to secure a win. I think the remaining teams take Pedo St. blueprint and exploit our weaknesses. Hate to say it, but 4-8 is a strong possiblity at this point. At that point, jobs should be on the line

There are 3 teams that we might be competitive with if we play lights out. But with Scherff now gone, I think our run game collapses. No bowl game.
*And gimme back my avatar*

It's funny because Iowa could win 7 or 8 games. If they play lights out they can beat any team they have left (except UM) I think they could even beat Nebby. I just don't think it is possible to play that way with this team.

There are just too many high powered offenses left to play, and I don't think this D can hold out that much, and even against a bad defense I think this offesne will struggle. I hope I"m wrong I really do, but I just don't see it.

There was just too much hope built up by thumping Minny, who had a bad backup QB, and beating a very bad MSU offense. I mean Maxwell is the only player that makes JVB look good.

I don't see another win on the schedule except Illinois.

- Caller on Soundoff.

And he was right.

Looking at what's left, I'd say 6-6 is the absolute best. But 4-8 sure wouldn't shock me at all. Guess I'll say 5-7 will be the final record. NW, Michigan & Nebraska = losses. MAYBE the home games against Indiana & Purdue, but I'm not even sure about those.

Even if Iowa goes 6-6, a bowl game sure is not a given. 6-6 didn't get us a bowl in 2007 (here we go with comparisons to '07 again).

Iowa is at Indiana and NW and Michigan

Indiana just lost to Navy, bud. Northwestern got rolled by both Nebraska and PSU and they haven't beaten anyone. Purdue ain't that good. Worst case scenario for this team is 7-5, but I see us at least splitting with Michigan and Nebraska.

I just don't see 2 more wins on the schedule. You may scoff, but I don't see it. There are some really good offensive teams out there.

NW- I think they beat Iowa easily. They have offense, but their D is bad, but Iowa's O is so bad and NW destroys Iowa's D about every year, and its at NW, so I'm going with NW

Indiana- I think David Kenney is even more happy after this one. They have a high power offense, and almost got OSU. Iowa has NO offense and can't stop this kind of Offense. Iowa loses

Purdue- I think they get this one, just because Danny Hope is a hopeless coach and Iowa needs one more.

Michigan- ha, yeah right

Nebby- Don't think so.

Ok, so they probably can beat NW and Indy and Purdue, but in none of them do I consider Iowa a favorite. They are 50-50 at best.

Many will disagree, but this team was exposed last night, and the offense is just pathetic, the worst I can remember at Iowa, even the 98 team may have been better.

Sorry, but this whole argument is weak. If the 1998 team was better, we would have to lose 36-6 over the next four weeks just to reach that level of play. I highly doubt that happens.

This constant "we won't win another game this season" from some people gets old. Yes, NW has a potent offense, but we beat them last year with a defense that wasn't as good as this one and if you think that playing at the road at NW gives them a tremendous advantage, you are kidding yourself.

This "almost win" over OSU is getting overblown. OSU has been playing terrible on defense all year.

Purdue is settling into their normal role of mediocrity and Michigan's high powered offense scored less points against MSU (12) than we did......AT HOME!

Iowa's style of play is heavily dependent on a strong run game and when you don't have that, you have a night like Saturday night. Assuming that Weisman is healthy and that we eventually get Bullock back, we should be in better shape against the next five defenses giving up 121, 226, 192, 143 and 187 yards a game on the ground. That style of play is perfect to counter a prolific offense by dominating TOP and keeping said offense off the field.

Sorry, but this whole argument is weak. If the 1998 team was better, we would have to lose 36-6 over the next four weeks just to reach that level of play. I highly doubt that happens.

This constant "we won't win another game this season" from some people gets old. Yes, NW has a potent offense, but we beat them last year with a defense that wasn't as good as this one and if you think that playing at the road at NW gives them a tremendous advantage, you are kidding yourself.

This "almost win" over OSU is getting overblown. OSU has been playing terrible on defense all year.

Purdue is settling into their normal role of mediocrity and Michigan's high powered offense scored less points against MSU (12) than we did......AT HOME!

Iowa's style of play is heavily dependent on a strong run game and when you don't have that, you have a night like Saturday night. Assuming that Weisman is healthy and that we eventually get Bullock back, we should be in better shape against the next five defenses giving up 121, 226, 192, 143 and 187 yards a game on the ground. That style of play is perfect to counter a prolific offense by dominating TOP and keeping said offense off the field.

I'm sorry, your whole argument is weak. If any defense doesn't do what Penn St. did against us on Saturday night they deserve to get beat. They will load the box and make JVB beat us. As the numbers suggest, that isn't going to happen.

I have a hard time seeing a win in any individual game, too. But this team has been so up and down that I don't know what to expect anymore. Hell, I'm flipping a coin for the rest of the season in the DI's pick'em that goes in Pregame. Heads Iowa, tails whoever they're playing. Came up tails this week.

Wow... you guys are crazy. We make a bowl. Plus, since we're BIG - we make a great bowl. We may get the snot pounded out of us in a bowl....but we will make it.

Latest posts