I don't even recognize this team anymore

SpiderRico

Standing on defense. No aggressiveness. Lazy turnovers. Crazy lineup combos and substitution patterns. Fran looks like he's been neutered on the sideline. Its almost like the entire team, coaches included, have all hit the wall at the exact same time.

How do we go from how we looked following the Michigan and Penn State games a week ago to what we've looked like now. I've never seen such a dramatic turn around from success to failure in such a short time frame. If Fran doesnt get it figured out soon, we're going to darn near play ourselves out of the Madness and right into another "situation".

Horrible ! We suck and putting this on the coaching staff not getting our boys better prepared and having a game plan. Ridiculous performance tonight. No excuses. We will get blown out in post season unless we get our coaches to come up with some adjustments. This game made me sick.

Agreed. Its terrible and sad. The whole mccabe thing has destroyed the team in my opinion.
Nobody trusts anybody. Nobody has any fight left. Sick to watch.

People are going to accuse me of trolling, but McCabe's immature twitter outburst was a sign of a much greater problem.

I almost watched "The Next Karate Kid" (the one with Hillary Swank) instead of the the game tonight. I am really kicking myself for going with the Hawks...

People are going to accuse me of trolling, but McCabe's immature twitter outburst was a sign of a much greater problem.

Well, if you can't defend, you can't win, especially on the road in a very good conference.

Defense is effort. Iowa is not giving the required effort right now.

Why? I do not know. Sunday is the biggest game of the season. Iowa needs to show up and give 100% effort

I agree. I also blame fran for starting the whole thing with his ******** response to the call about mccabe on his call in show.
Then he tried to prove his point, it back fired horrwndously, and h*ll was unleashed on Zach and zach responded like an idiot. Frans bullish response sent this whole thing in motion. He pushed the rock of the mountain, so to speak.

We've allowed the opponent to shoot a combined 52% the last three games. That's ******* awful and inexcusable. To put that kind of an effort up on defense when you were playing for a title is pathetic.

I agree. I also blame fran for starting the whole thing with his ******** response to the call about mccabe on his call in show.
Then he tried to prove his point, it back fired horrwndously, and h*ll was unleashed on Zach and zach responded like an idiot. Frans bullish response sent this whole thing in motion. He pushed the rock of the mountain, so to speak.

Your rolling dangerous dice when you start taking fans to task. When I heard what Fran said to the fan, I didn't like it one bit and I was the minority in that thread that took that stance. You just don't do that as a coach you must take the high road and move on..

Your rolling dangerous dice when you start taking fans to task. When I heard what Fran said to the fan, I didn't like it one bit and I was the minority in that thread that took that stance. You just don't do that as a coach you must take the high road and move on..

Agreed completely. Then you put mccabe out there to take the game tying shot against wisconsin basically to spite this "stupid" fan. He doesnt do it and mccabe is the goat.
Fran responded wrong, and it was the beginning of the end.

If Fran ****s this team up completely and misses the tournament he will lose the fanbase. His legacy as Iowa's coach is on the line the next few weeks. Seems drastic but I think that's the reality.

Latest posts