I didn't get a chance to watch the game

hawkeye12345

ABC and ESPN wtf?

Could somebody answer me a few questions:

1) Did we win or lose the coin flip? If we won the flip, did we take the ball or defer?

2) Did we run any hurry up offense early in the game? If not, why? If so, did it work at all?

3) Was our special teams as bad as its been the other games or was there any improvement? What about our kickoffs? Were those still only getting to the 5 yard line?

ABC and ESPN wtf?

Could somebody answer me a few questions:

1) Did we win or lose the coin flip? If we won the flip, did we take the ball or defer?

2) Did we run any hurry up offense early in the game? If not, why? If so, did it work at all?

3) Was our special teams as bad as its been the other games or was there any improvement? What about our kickoffs? Were those still only getting to the 5 yard line?

1. We won the Toss and took the ball.

2. Yes for like the first 4 or 5 plays I recall.

3. Special Teams not awful like we've seen in the past. Yes Kickoff were short.

1. won the flip, took the ball
2. no huddle look good, drove to about the PSU 35, punt instead of FG attempt
3. kickoffs were not good

Did we shut down the no-huddle after the first series? Looking at ESPNs play-by-play log, the first drive looked impressive.

2nd series - looks like another good series but they shut down the passing game once we got inside the 20 yrd line and only passed on an obvious passing down.

3rd series - 3 incompletes - drops? Bad passes?

4th series - another classic Ferentz half ender. 1:42 remaining. Rush, Rush, Opponent takes time out, rush, then we throw a 14 yrd pass followed by a sack and end of the half.

2nd half

1st series - 3 pass plays, with 2 incompletes. Drops or bad passes?

2nd series - series started out with a penalty but the offense moved the ball. On 2nd and 5 from their 41 we passed the ball twice before punting? Why not run the ball and get it to 3rd and short and make the defense play vanilla? It appears that poor play calling was part of this series.

3rd series - obvious passing down on 3rd down (3rd and 7). Did PSU blitz? We took a sack and fumbled the ball.

4th series - Coker ran the ball for 5 yards and on 2nd, 3rd and 4th down we went to the pass. Poor play calling again.

5th series - looks like desperation is setting in. Was PSU playing the pass on every down? Why not run a draw or throw a screen pass?

6th series - game is effectively over and PSU is playing prevent mixed with a blitz or two.

4th and 39 and we went for it from our own 2 yard line. Wow.

Latest posts