I didn't earn a right to say this..

GoldKey

I did not engage the GT fans visiting these boards, so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I think they were smug and condescending. Just a couple of the typical whack jobs flaming. But the "reasonable" posters were just so smarmy and oozing superiority. I think they felt they had a handle on a whole new way of playing football that would cause grown men to commit suicide out of frustration.

Well, it looks like it really is blocking, tackling, discipline and team work.

Welcome to 6 seconds of hell, my pompous visitors from the south.

Hey, despondent GT fans, we've created a suicide hotline for you to get counseling: 1-800-SPU-RRIER.

I have to admit...I was very concerned about their attack, probably empathizing more with the GT posters than the Iowa posters because I had an idea what the triple option can do to teams.

But I was certainly converted tonight...other than those two long 2nd half drives, our defense played unbelievably well.

I think they are very proud of their system. They were polite, and really excited about what they could do.

In the end, the preparation was too much. Good defense won once again.

I did not engage the GT fans visiting these boards, so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I think they were smug and condescending. Just a couple of the typical whack jobs flaming. But the "reasonable" posters were just so smarmy and oozing superiority. I think they felt they had a handle on a whole new way of playing football that would cause grown men to commit suicide out of frustration.

Well, it looks like it really is blocking, tackling, discipline and team work.

Welcome to 6 seconds of hell, my pompous visitors from the south.

I TOTALLY agree.
I visited the GAg Tech scout board sporadically in the last 6 weeks, and the posters there were uniformly smug and overly self-assured about "their" football team and "CPJ".
Knowing that GAg teck is an engineering school, I figured they were just a collection of squids acting "internet tuff".
Turns out, I was correct.
Hey slide-rulers: when you learn how to play real football, give us a call; until then, STFU.
Sincerely,
THE IOWA HAWKEYES and THE BIG TEN CONFERENCE

It was kind of like a Star Trek episode. Some egghead alien nation with "superior" intelligence would take on the crew of the Enterprise, all soft spoken and superior and polite. Captain Kirk would just go wop one of those gomers on the side of the head and .... game over.

Latest posts