I can't wait for the meltdown!

LOL.......I don't think you guys really get the true meaning of your anxt here. This is how people act when they don’t have anything better, or more constructive to say. It’s in chapter 1 of the what not to do debate hand book. Makes you look petty and small.

Chad, why do you even respond to these people? This board is loaded with jerks, and I find myself avoiding it more and more. I know jon needs the traffic and allows these kids to hang around, but all the crap slinging they do can destroy a thread very quickly/

I enjoy reading your thoughts here and in Marc's blog, but try harder not to respond to these clowns. I'm sure I will get pounded for this post, but watch, for example, how I handle it.

Thanks.

Chad, why do you even respond to these people? This board is loaded with jerks, and I find myself avoiding it more and more. I know jon needs the traffic and allows these kids to hang around, but all the crap slinging they do can destroy a thread very quickly/

I enjoy reading your thoughts here and in Marc's blog, but try harder not to respond to these clowns. I'm sure I will get pounded for this post, but watch, for example, how I handle it.

Thanks.

Yeah, we're the ones destroying the "I can't wait for the meltdown" thread.

This thread is what is wrong with this board. Some people care more about calling someone out after a loss (or a win) than they do about the actual outcome of the game. I really think that some people would have the Hawks lose just so they can say "I told you so" or call out the "fair-weather fans".

I wonder if I'm "one of those guys" if I say, right now, that I completely expect the o-line to have lots of bad games. They will struggle through at least October until a few light bulbs go off and they really start to gel -- barring injury, of course (which hasn't exactly been a wish fulfilled in recent years).

You don't lose your multi-year tackles, your best guard and continue to struggle with the TE's in the blocking scheme and hope to be better. There's plenty of young talent with Scherff, Donnal and Walsh and getting MacMillan back healthy would be a huge boost. The $1 million question is will BF (aka, KF) trust them to play them.

I'll tell you, it's not been an encouraging sign to see Matt Tobin jump so many of these guys. While position may have played a part, the word is KF always played the best 5 and OL is a unit where that is doable. Given his consistent struggles, it seemed to be another case of Kirk's skittishness resulting in seniority trumping young talent (see CJ Fed, 2011).

Guess I just see it as an opportunity. Realize that the OL is going to be a developmental unit in 2012, anyway, you go with the young talent and develop them between coaching and letting them get some battle scars.

No meltdown from me when the OL plays poorly, unless it's a matter of KF continuing to keep the stallions in the stable until their broken to perfection.

I hate all the negativity too. Those that have been vocal for change on Offense are sure going to get it. I'm excited for the changes and hope the "New Look" Hawks are better on Offense.

I'll bet any meltdown won't be so much about the Oline as much as offensive playcalling, regardless of who new OC is.

A loss is a loss, and they do happen.

LOL.......I don't think you guys really get the true meaning of your anxt here. This is how people act when they don’t have anything better, or more constructive to say. It’s in chapter 1 of the what not to do debate hand book. Makes you look petty and small.

Agreed Chad. Hope I don't get banned for that. I have always enjoyed your posts. :D

It already has started & Brian hasn't been on the job for one day. Following is a quote from another thread: "I beleve that KF is more concerned about grooming Brian for a head coaching job than he is about winning games at Iowa."

in that guys defense, if Kirk cared more about winning games then he cared about his sons future, he would be a pretty crappy father.

also I can hardly wait till the next time I get hit really hard in the balls

in that guys defense, if Kirk cared more about winning games then he cared about his sons future, he would be a pretty crappy father.

I agree with your statement, but that's not what the other guy said. His was a comment full of fail.

also I can hardly wait till the next time I get hit really hard in the balls

I think we might be able to come to some kind of an agreement.

Latest posts