I cannot possibly fathom Doherty as Iowa's head coach

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
As an assistant? Yes. But not a head coach. One more ba year at SMU and he probly gets canned there. And all of this could be coincidence..but it's interesting

He is here to drop off his resume...I would assume totally coincidence. Number one he would come in on a private flight I would assume. If Barta interviews someone it will not be in Iowa City. Step away from the cliff...hopefully Barta is just waiting for his guy to lose in the tourny.

Last edited:
As an assistant? Yes. But not a head coach. One more ba year at SMU and he probly gets canned there. And all of this could be coincidence..but it's interesting

Yeah, didnt you hear? Hes going to be announced as the head coach, and he's going to bring Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge to be his assistants.
( This will probably be the next rumor)

Got to say if this is true it is not a good find by Barta or the search committee. If the results of a search committee is finding candidates like Doherty, perhaps the U of I should have saved the money and used it to run a promo for "Free Ice Cream" during next years season.

He is here to drop off his resume...I would assume totally coincidence. Number one he would come in on a private flight I would assume. If Lick interviews someone it will not be in Iowa City. Step away from the cliff...hopefully Barta is just waiting for his guy to lose in the tourny.

Lick is interviewing his replacement? That must be wierd for him. :p

I am still sitting next to them. They are talking about old times. Dougherty had no clue who Mike Gatens was when Mike introduced himself. I really doubt Dougherty would wear an SMU shirt to an interview for Iowa, but it is a good time killer since our flight is still delayed due to obama interviewing for the job.

I am still sitting next to them. They are talking about old times. Dougherty had no clue who Mike Gatens was when Mike introduced himself. I really doubt Dougherty would wear an SMU shirt to an interview for Iowa, but it is a good time killer since our flight is still delayed due to obama interviewing for the job.
What is being said between the two?

Latest posts