I am starting to feel it (Hawks v Ohio State)

This Ohio State team is ranked four spots below the Michigan State team that Iowa beat by 31 point three weeks ago. It would be a big win, but I don't know that it would be in that category.

Any win over Ohio State ranks as a great win....especially since the Hawks are reeling right now.

pryor isn't a patient thrower, or very accurate for that matter. he likes to hold the ball and try to make plays. which plays into the hands of the strength of our D. now if they can be balanced and disciplined, watch out, but i think it'll be a close game.

After a week of bellyaching for the most part it's great to see some optimism and "maybe we CAN beat OSU" discussion.

The game is played on the field - but it is going to take more than a little luck for Iowa to win Saturday.

The blueprint for beating Iowa has been on display the last two weeks. With the talent that OSU has it could get a little ugly.

Iowa WILL win tomorrow. I've felt this way all year. I think we'll do what it takes and I think our defense plays with a chip on their shoulder.

Well, guess what, Lee Sterling, one of the best handicappers in college football, picks the Hawks to win the game tomorrow. Not just cover the spread, but win the game.

I hope Norm was part of the gameplan. He is a genius, and his absence this season is the true reason why we have lost 3 games. No other reason.

I think we have a real chance tomorrow.

Jon, promise us: no more 12-0 predictions. PLEASE

Oh, and by the way, any win over Ohio State trumps any win over PeeSU. Give me a break if you believe otherwise. Puhleeze!!

We'll know a lot after the first 2 series. Either they have a fire and want to take some heads off or there's a lull and we just slowly lose. But man do I hope they come out strong. The last two weeks have been hard to watch.

Well, will take the intensity of the MSU game for us to make it a game which I think will happen. OSU has not played well on the road this season so lets hope it continues today.

Hard too believe it is the final home game of the season looked forward too this season since walking out of Orange Bowl last January been and up and down season but great as always.

Great senior class and last tailgate in IC till 2011.

Iowa WILL win tomorrow. I've felt this way all year. I think we'll do what it takes and I think our defense plays with a chip on their shoulder.

I'm going with the wise prediction of the Iowa grad here - and Jon, thanks for the kool aid, although you could've given me the placebo and I would've responded to it, so much do we all want to have a W today. You are most correct on the person most likely and most desiring of a statement ending game, that man being DJK. Keep an eye on this guy today - could be a real treat!

It took me some time to get over the NW loss, but I'm juiced and pumped for the game today. As I said after the NW loss, I think this Iowa team is better than their record shows, and I think we definitely CAN beat OSU and it wouldn't be a big upset in my mind.

Will we win? I don't know. As Jon pointed out, I think it will mainly depend on which offense shows up. If there's one reason to think/hope that our offense will bounce back this week, it's the fact that our struggles the last two weeks came on the road, and maybe the offense will look better now that we're back in Kinnick.

I think we know what we're getting with our defense. It's our O that's the ?. Oh, and special teams, too. It would be nice to see lightning strike twice and have DJK run one back. The opening kickoff would do. :D

IYou are most correct on the person most likely and most desiring of a statement ending game, that man being DJK. Keep an eye on this guy today - could be a real treat!

Jon & Gibson,

I'll tell you the treat, or the statement, that I want to see from DJK today:
A) run every route correctly and at the correct speed
B) catch the balls that hit your hands
C) if a defender is near, battle for the ball with him as if your team needed you to make the catch/foil the interruption.

That's the kind of statement I would like to see from #15. Something along the lines of "Hey, look, I finally got it! On my last day, I am doing every little thing that the coaches have been asking me to do for 5 years. I'm a senior. I get it! This is my statement game!"

Not, "Hey, I'm the career catches and yardage leader at Iowa, plus we're on nation-wide ABC vs. my in-state school, tOSU, and I get to tweet uncontrolllably after a couple more games! Look at me, world!"

I already know that 24 of the other 25 seniors are planning for this game to be their best ever for the Hawks because they love their teammates and their coaches and the privilege of being a Hawkeye for life.

It really doesn't matter if OSU changes their game plan on offense. If Iowa can't score more than 21 points in the game, like they couldn't against the mighty Indiana and NW defense, Iowa will lose their first game by more than 7 points since the 2007 season.

As I stated earlier in this thread, if Iowa doesn score more than 21 points. they will lose.

Latest posts