I am so glad the Big Ten doesn't do Thurs/Fri games

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I enjoy going to Ames for their season opener on Thursday nights...a good way to start the college football season off real close to home. But I am very glad the Big Ten does not do this.

I don't think people would want to sacrifice one of those seven precious home Saturday's for a week night game. Not sure how the attendance would hold up, either.

I agree completely in regard to not giving up my precious Saturday gameday experiences. I do however, really enjoy getting college football 3 or 4 days a week. It provides some extra exposure for teams that we normally don't get to see play due to regional coverage by the networks. Also gives me something to do when the wife is watching Grey's Anatomy or whatever flavor of the week dance reality show they're spewing onto the world.

I enjoy going to Ames for their season opener on Thursday nights...a good way to start the college football season off real close to home. But I am very glad the Big Ten does not do this.

I don't think people would want to sacrifice one of those seven precious home Saturday's for a week night game. Not sure how the attendance would hold up, either.

I agree! I get extremely anxious during the week, but big ten football is a great part of the weekend... I would be bored with no hawk game on Saturday.. althought I wish there was a bye week this week to heal.. i am a big fan of no bye week as well.

For Sure. It's makes it seem like a second rate league. Hardly is it ever a top 10 matchup, and it's on during The Office.

For Sure. It's makes it seem like a second rate league. Hardly is it ever a top 10 matchup, and it's on during The Office.

Second rate league.. keep in mind it is usually the ACC. Ironically the b12 jumped on board this year with espn Thursday games! ha! No wonder the b12 is so weak this year!

Second rate league.. keep in mind it is usually the ACC. Ironically the b12 jumped on board this year with espn Thursday games! ha! No wonder the b12 is so weak this year!

Big 12 has to get on TV somehow. Still can't believe Iowa has been on TV since Minnesota game in 2000(Jon Stat) and ISU already hasn't been on TV 3 times this year. Still can't believe B12 hasn't got a new tv deal.

To even attend a game a Kinnick on a Thursday I would have to take 2 days off work being up here in NW Iowa close to the Iowa Great Lakes considering it's a 4-5 hour drive each way

Big 12 has to get on TV somehow. Still can't believe Iowa has been on TV since Minnesota game in 2000(Jon Stat) and ISU already hasn't been on TV 3 times this year. Still can't believe B12 hasn't got a new tv deal.

ISU vs. Texas A&M isn't on TV. Unreal. The Big 12 TV contract is atrocious.

I like watching Thursday and Friday games...just dont want to see Iowa playing there

Friday night games wouldn't be an option (I can't see the University wanting to go up against High School Games) Thursday night...........yeah, I wouldn't be a fan of that.

Latest posts