I am overanalyzing this?

ESPNU 150 quarterback Teddy Bridgewater drops the Hurricanes.

He de-committed today along with a couple of 4 star players since Shannon was fired. I remember hearing that the reason Rudock wasn't offered by any of the instate schools was that each school already had their guy.

Does Miami jump into the ring for Rudock or am I trying to connect dots that just aren't there? Thanks for any "insight".

ESPNU 150 quarterback Teddy Bridgewater drops the Hurricanes.

He de-committed today along with a couple of 4 star players since Shannon was fired. I remember hearing that the reason Rudock wasn't offered by any of the instate schools was that each school already had their guy.

Does Miami jump into the ring for Rudock or am I trying to connect dots that just aren't there? Thanks for any "insight".

Depends on what the new coach is looking for. I wouldn't lose sleep over this though. I think Rudock ends up in IC.

IMHO I don't think Rudock would consider switching for the same reasons the others de-committed. If he was a die hard Hurricane fan he would've committed there from the beginning.

The new coach may be a factor but I dont think Rudock would have committed if he really wanted to stay in Florida.

IMHO I don't think Rudock would consider switching for the same reasons the others de-committed. If he was a die hard Hurricane fan he would've committed there from the beginning.

The biggest reason I am concerned is because I don't believe Miami or any of the instate schools actually offered. Does his mindset change if they hire a coach who first offers and second runs the pro style offense he is used too. Like I said I am probably overanalyzing this.

It's not that you're overanalyzing, it's that you're over-caring.

If Ruddock wants to be here he'll be here and if he doesn't want to be here then it's better for all parties if he isn't.

Last edited:
It's not that you're overanalyzing, it's that you're over-caring.

If Ruddock wants to be here he'll be here and if he doesn't want to be here then it's better for all parties if he isn't.

Yeah, Jeebus Christ man! I kid, I kid! :D

Well said Jeebus, but the kid looks pretty solid and I am excited for him to make it to campus. However the other kid I was really pumped to see in a Hawkeye uni was Gordon and that has led to me being a pessimist when it comes to recruiting lately.

We have a decent stable of QBs for the next two years, but beyond that it thins out and after seeing Derby play in HS a couple times I wasn't overly impressed. He can play no doubt about it, but he needs to develop quite a bit before he is B10 starter which he will have that chance with Vandy taking over for the next two years.

Bridgewater is visiting Louisville this weekend and is likely to end up wherever Eli Rogers does. Ruddock's size and arm strength are very questionable. Add in that UM had Bridgewater and Florida had Driskel unless Ruddock wanted to go to FIU, USF or UCF a Florida school wasn't really an option.

yeah it isnt bad, just not elite. His decision making and accuracy are impressive, and his size can be improved with a red shirt year to bulk up.

Latest posts