I am out!!!!!!

Iowa did it in 2002 (11), 2003, 2004, 2009 (11). Pass me the pipe.

Pass me the pipe too! This is the worse schedule ever(by that i mean the EASIEST!) 10-2 would be a decent year, but with as many starters as we had coming back it should have been expected. If you don't have great expectations, you will always be mediocre. Frankly i think if we just played our best skill players, i.e. beathard, any tailback other than Weisman( i like him but come on, he is no starting D-1 tailback), and willies and smith at receivers plus any combination of 2 more, i just don't believe that we wouldn't be 10-2. Yes, i agree our defense isn't that good, but with any top 50 offense we win 9 games at worse.

OK I am one of those old donors. Ferentz has done a good job at Iowa, but that was a bitter loss today on so many levels:

1. Numerous dumb penalties.
2. A ridiculous pick six.
3. Unwillingness to play another QB.
4. Key fumble by our star cornerback when we had great field position.
5. Moronic play call on 3rd and 2 when Weisman was rolling. Idiotic.

Just a dumb, stupid bitter loss. Incredible, really.

I'm glad we have a bye next week. This team has a lot of work to do to regroup and this coaching staff has a lot of soul searching to do. This one was on the coaches 100%

This is so spot on! I have been a Jake fan but today I can't defend his play. It felt like the JVB days again. He had time to make throws but just refused to look downfield. I'm ready for CJ. There I said it, he gives us a better chance to win. The fact that he didn't get time in the third quarter is criminal. Down by 3 we still had momentum and just could not move the ball. Weisman played his butt off today by the way. Even with all the mistakes and the defense getting Gashed all day the game was there for the taking. These games are the norm for this program. I'm convinced more than ever that we are a 8-9 win team at best under Ferentz and with our division that probably means a team that will probably never be ranked higher than 19th if that. It does hurt but I have come to realize this is how it is.

We'll go bowling. We'll win 7 or 7+. That's decent football. You people that expect 10 win seasons are on crack.
7 wins is decent football? Maybe if we played a 9 game schedule. You people who are happy with 7 win seasons and don't expect more are part of the problem. Why would you accept mediocrity at this level?

Can you believe this coaching staff, No CJ, No deep throws, 10 drives netting a whopping 106 yards, yet no CJ, I am sorry but I cant take it anymore! No more, I just cant take it, I will die from a heart attack because my blood pressure and yelling at the TV. Also when they rush three and drop 8 why not run a half back draw or something or a shovel pass. I just don't understand it.

It is kind of funny to see hear an Iowa fan ******** that the Hawks should run a draw. At least it is funny to someone that was around under Hayden.

I'm half tempted to vote you down... But I promised I never would issue a thumbs down..

don't tell anyone that they don't have a right to be upset. Just because you're not comprehending why we're losing... Others are, and they are, in my opinion, 100% justified in that opinion.

kirk should not travel back to this state with a job.

Right, because the world will come to an end if someone gives someone else a thumbs down on a freaking message board. I get such a kick out of you guys that get concerned about getting/giving a thumbs up/down a message board.

I have never understood how some think the fact that Iowa sucked 40 years ago is relevant to today.

Iowa is in a downward spiral. If you are OK with that because they also couldn't win in 1976, then good for you.

At least 76 was our bicentenial year.

7 wins is decent football? Maybe if we played a 9 game schedule. You people who are happy with 7 win seasons and don't expect more are part of the problem. Why would you accept mediocrity at this level?

I agree, 7 wins sounds kind of clownish.

Latest posts